Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Bought a 3050a two days ago and it prints perfect.....reports from the on-device panel!!

Refuses to connect to anything either via USB or wirelessly. Saying that it showed up briefly on the router client list table at 00:15 this morning but by then I'd been at it almost 8 hrs and gave up anyway. Since then I've not seen tt again. Have tried install disc that came with it and also the web driver set with the same result. The USB ports on both machines I'm trying to connect it to work fine as I can swap and change other devices in them. Have also tried a different cable for the printer with the same result, ie NADA!

Can get lappy to see it on the network and the printer even says its connected...if I knock my firewall off and put the network into a non-protected mode,,,so not happening! But you still can't send any print jobs to it or browse to it through a web browser.

At this moment in time I'm actually tempted to go back to my old 2575, at least I know that works! This thing is going back for a refund, and a mouthful at the store for selling such a useless piece of ****.

My rig setups FYI:

Main machine, AMD Phenom II with 4gb and Win 7 32bit. Connected to Linksys WRT54G using WPA

Laptop, Intel Core 2 Duo with 3gb and Win 7 32 bit. Connected to same router.

Seriously HP, if you're going to release something, at least test it properly, or use decent parts in it, before sending it out to us mugs!!

HP Recommended

Hi millesdad2011, 

Sorry to hear you are having issue getting the printer installed. Please check out the following document at the link below. Have you tried installing the printer on a different computer?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02863769

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

I have a photosmart 309g - I have had continual issues with i t- when I go install (after I uninstall due to it not scanning or printing) it now only shows bluetooth no bonjour. 

It clearly says in HP help that you do not want to print with bluetooth but I see no bonjour - I spent an hour on the phone with HP tech support on Thursday and he finally gave up - 

Steve

HP Recommended

I have read through the above posts and tried them and am still struggling.

I have successfully gotten my Deskjet 3050 to connect with my router PK5000Z (ISP supplied) and was able to print yesterday wirelessly after a couple of hours of working with it.  However, today, when I tried to print the printer shows up as "offline" and does not come back online.  Do I have go through hours of reinstalling again to get it to be online when I need it? 

Help!

Mrs. Meg

HP Recommended

Hi Mrs. Meg,

Please download and run the Print and Scan Doctor from the link below. Let me know what errors you receive?

http://www.hp.com/go/tools

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

This worked.  Thank you!

HP Recommended
This worked for me. Thank You!
HP Recommended

Hi! My wireless worked for about a year and then suddenly stopped working. Can you let me know what to do to reset it?

Thank you!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.