Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a Deskjet 3510 All in One...I am trying to scan more than one document into one folder...When I scan a document and hit save, I name a file for the document to go.....When I scan another document and hit save when I try to put it into the same folder I keep getting a message saying a File with this name already exists do you want to replace it. If I hit yes, won't this get rid of my first scanned doc? When I look up help it says to Save not Done, but how do I get around the above proble?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Alright, if you are using the HP scanning utility this will work for you. 

You are right, that is where you can be sure to determine if you are going to scan to a single or multiple file location(s). However, when you are on the scanning window, there should be the main image, then on the left there is a smaller thumbnail in a column. At the bottom of that column there is a button with a piece of paper with a (+) mark. This will allow you to scan multiple pages in one setting. 

Let me know if this works for you! 

PS : Be sure to be saving the files as PDFs 

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
HP Recommended
You should be able to do it. Before you scan another document, it will be a (+) and (-) to add another page. Press the (+), and it will scan another document. This way it will be all under one saved folder.
**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
HP Recommended

I'm having this same problem with my 3510: there is no + -, the only option is to Save or Cancel; Save requires another name, and each scan is filed as a separate file. I'd like to be able to save several documents as one multipage file.

This is a new printer for me and I think I downloaded all of the updates when I installed it.

HP Recommended

If you would like to scan multiple pages to a single file, then what you need to do is use the HP software for scanning. Save the files as a PDF and under the Advanced options you should be able to save them as a single PDF. 

Here is a guide with more information on that :

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03476857

Let me know if this helps! 

HP Recommended

The link doesn't help.

Under Start, All Programs, I have HP Scan. That opens up the software. Advanced does have a check block to create a separate file.

If I open the Deskjet 3510 folder , I get different screens for print and scan functions, but there is still no multipage document optionor + icon to select.

Regardless of whether the HP Scan File block is unchecked or checked, the scanner always produces individual files instead of a multi-page document.

There is no Help in the scan software to identify which version I'm using but I've only had the 3510 for a week and everything has been updated.

HP Recommended

In that link, on "How to scan with HP software" there is a section on how to scan a multi-page document to a single file. You will need to use the HP software, but it should be essentially the same for that Deskjet. Because you are limited to only using the flat bed scanner, you will have to after each page use the "scan more pages" option as Rudy stated above. 

This should work for you as it is the same method I use on the 3520 here at my office. 

Let me know! 

HP Recommended

I'm using HP Scan, the software that came with the 3510.

If there's another software, please provide a link.

HP Scan has an Advanced Setting option to Create a separate file for each scanned page; whether of not that setting is selected, each scanned page is  a separate file, and I never have the opportuntty to scan another page.

HP Recommended

Alright, if you are using the HP scanning utility this will work for you. 

You are right, that is where you can be sure to determine if you are going to scan to a single or multiple file location(s). However, when you are on the scanning window, there should be the main image, then on the left there is a smaller thumbnail in a column. At the bottom of that column there is a button with a piece of paper with a (+) mark. This will allow you to scan multiple pages in one setting. 

Let me know if this works for you! 

PS : Be sure to be saving the files as PDFs 

HP Recommended

Thanks, I finally figured it out. The icons to add another page are so tiny that I never noticed them.

I tried Save, Back, nothing worked until I finally noticed them.

HP Recommended

Wonderuful! If you have any questions in the future just remember my name and I will do whatever I can to help you! 

Have a great day and a fantastic weekend! 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.