Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I appreciate your reply, and I appreciate that on your USA website it does mention the duplex.

I however bought this in store in the UK where I was going to purchase the Brother because of the duplex. I was pursuaded otherwise in store. You will see here that the web store says it is automatic duplex:

http://www.staples.co.uk/printers-shredders-machines-calculators/printers/inkjet-all-in-one-printers...

HP Recommended

Hi Cleverfox,

Thank you for this information.  Please check your forums inbox for further information.  

Thank you for being an HP customer.

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
I appreciate your input !
Thank You,
I work for HP.
HP Recommended

Wow, Cleverfox. Thanks for unveiling the truth FINALLY. All this and I find out the printer doesn't come standard with a duplexer! I am relieved to know what's up.

FixPrint, thanks for pointing out where the information can be found. However, I am going to challenge HP on the notion that this is "clearly stated" anywhere. On the product specs pageit states:

Duplex printing

• Automatic (optional)

There is no asterisk here that sheds light on what the "(optional)" part means. Then on the right side of the specs page,  directly under WiFi, there is an icon and blurb that indicates Duplex Printing "Automatically print on both sides of the page" is a special feature of this printer. There is ZERO indication that this isn't standard. WiFi is a STANDARD feature. Individual Inks is a STANDARD feature. HP ePrint is a STANDARD feature. Fax capability is a STANDARD feature. Wireless Direct Print is a STANDARD feature. Why then is the Duplex Printing feature listed in the same list as STANDARD features?

Also, I searched the entire product manual PDF and found nowhere the indication that the duplexer was not included. It said it was an "accessory," and there are instructions to install it. But WiFi can be argued to be an accessory. And there are instructions to install ink cartrdiges too, so it's not an unusual thing to include instructions on how to install included accessories with a product. Please let me know where it is stated the duplexer is not included in the product manual.

FixPrint, can you please let us know the appropriate department/number to call to submit an issue?

Thanks for the help FixPrint, and thanks for figuring it out Cleverfox,

Christian

HP Recommended

Hi christianpaarup,

Thank you for your response.  I understand how frustrating it can be to misinterpret functionality of devices.  I have included a screen shot of the disclaimer.  Also under special features it states Wifi is included, where it states auto-duplex is optional.  In the manual there are several disclaimer notes indicating the accessory must be installed, and that simplex mode will have to be used if it is not.  The getting started guide indicates only the back panel is included, and the items shipped in box should be outlined on the outside of the box that reflect the same. Global contact information can be accessed Here.  If you are US based you can call 1800HPINVENT, and select the printing department from the prompts given.   

Capture.PNG

I hope this helps!  Thank you for being an HP customer.

Regards,

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
Thank You,
I work for HP.
HP Recommended

How do I know if my machine came with the auto duplexer or not?

Where can I get the auto duplexer?

HP Recommended

Hi Foote,

Thanks for the response. Please see the below link containing images and ordering information for the duplex accessory.  The duplexer looks like a thick rear access panel with visible roller mechanisms on the connecting side.  If the unit came with a flat or thin back panel the duplex accessory was not included.  Ordering is available through HP phone support as well. Global contact information can be accessed Here

Click Here

Hope this helps!

Thank You,
I work for HP.
HP Recommended

Bought an OfficeJet 7610 from Staples in New Jersey on 11/02/13.  The store display cleraly states "Features: Automatic 2-sided printing".  There's no "optional" or asterix to indicate any additional accesory require.  I took a picture on my cellphone as proof.  As other owners have said, I chose this over another brand because of this added capability.  After reviewing this entire thread I realize that this is completely false as the duplexing unit is not included.  HP's website doesn't even show the duplexing unit as an accessory even if I wanted to buy one.

HP Recommended

@FixPrint wrote:

Hi christianpaarup,

Thank you for your response.  I understand how frustrating it can be to misinterpret functionality of devices.  I have included a screen shot of the disclaimer.  Also under special features it states Wifi is included, where it states auto-duplex is optional.  In the manual there are several disclaimer notes indicating the accessory must be installed, and that simplex mode will have to be used if it is not.  The getting started guide indicates only the back panel is included, and the items shipped in box should be outlined on the outside of the box that reflect the same. Global contact information can be accessed Here.  If you are US based you can call 1800HPINVENT, and select the printing department from the prompts given.   

Capture.PNG

I hope this helps!  Thank you for being an HP customer.

Regards,

The manual is INSIDE the packaging. You have to purchase the printer before you can read it. The outside of the box does not say that a separate accessory is required. All information on the OUTSIDE of the box and store displays suggest that 2-sided printing is included.  In fact, I just read the manual cover-to-cover and there's no mention that a separate accessory is required.  There's no asterix, fine print or anything else.  I feel like HP are just trying to grab some extra money for this accessory by misleading customer.  In my experience, this wouldn't be the first time.  Last time I bought an HP printer I said I'd never have another.  Wish I remembered that before buying yet another one.

HP Recommended

We purchased two of the 7610 - one for our business and one for home.  I also purchsed the duplexer for both.  We put them into HP's ePrint cloud solution so we could print from anywhere. I've tried the various suggestions in this thread but still they do not duplex. On my Mac I do not get the "driver" option to set up the accessories nor is there any place in the HP ePirint webpage for configuring the printer to duplex.  HELP!

HP Recommended

Hi Pubber. ePrint via email will not Duplex. In fact if you are emailing to your printer you will really have no print options to speak of.
If you install and activate the HP ePrint app on a mobile device you will have more printing options, and I believe duplexing should be available too.

Regarding your Mac, you might just have to enable 'duplex printing' before it will be an option that you can select while printing. Under Printers And Scanners / Options And Settings / Options  - find the checkbox for 'Duplex Printing'. After this is selected it should be available every time you print now.

Let me know how it goes.

HP Printables have been retired (as of October 31, 2016)

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05147275

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.