Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I can't get HP ToolboxFX to work.  When starting my computer I receive an error box that says:

HP Toolbox FX has encountered an error and cannot recover.

It says to restart it or restart my PC, neither of those actions s, the same error box appears, the TollboxFX does not function.

I have a Laserjet Pro CM1415fnw color MFP running wireless with PCL6 software drivers.

What's the solution to my problem???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Try the following and see if it works for you;

• Please go to the following directory  C:\ProgramData\Hewlett-Packard\ToolboxFX\Settings
  • Under this directory delete all the files in Settings folder. 
  • Then reboot pc and restart the printer.

*This can occur when the IP has changed or the printer had lost communication and been re-connected.

Regards,
affableLJ
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
I am an HP employee!

View solution in original post

57 REPLIES 57
HP Recommended

Bumping this topic up, Like to get an answer from somebody; do HP tech personnel ever look at these forum boards?

HP Recommended

I am receiving the same message and using the same laserjet printer. Are you having printing problems? If so, is the printer offline?

HP Recommended

I had some problems with my drivers, Kumar or someone from Inda/Bangladesh loaded the wrong drivers PLC5 (universal), the printer worked for awhile, with the ToolboxFX error message appearing at the computer start-up, then the printer stopped altogether.  Called again, got Kumar II, who installed the correct drivers (I believe) PCL 6.  I was so happy to get the printer printing again that I forgot to tell hom to see if he can also fix the Toolbox FX feature.  So I'm continuing to live with the error notice.  It's such a pain getting someone from India who's hard to understand, but if I can't get someone to provide me with a fix on this error notice, I may have to try Tech Support one more time.

The printer works OK, other than it seems to have a hard-time picking up envelopes; I need to stack a bunch of envelopes in the tray to assure that one gets picked-up and fed into the printer. 

HP Recommended

I have the same problem and am looking for a fix!

HP Recommended

Well folks I finally got some sort of an answer.  I contacted HP telephone support and a surprise, I got ahold of an individual located near Toronto, CA , instead of India.  After checking my system and then doing some further checking within his office, he informed me that the problem occurs when the printer is set-up to run wirelessly.  HP ToolboxFX works without any problem if your printer is connected via USB cable to your computer, but if it's set-up to function wirelessly, it has a bug and can't seem to communicate between the computer and the printer.  The Customer Service Rep says that HP is working on a"fix" for this so the ToolboxFX will function properly, he says that he's not sure when this fix will be complete and made available for us, but that they're working on it right now.

If you want to see the info that's in HPToolbox FX right now while it's showing the error box, go to the configuration report screen and print the Configuration Report,  view the Product Settings Section of the Report, look at the information for the IPv4 Address, something like 192.XXX.X.XXX  .  input the information in the address top line of your Internet browser and you will be directed to all the info that is available in Toolbox FX.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem with my HPToolBX.

I am running a M2727nf, networked, not wireless, however.

I have tried the repair option found on the original HP disk. Tried to install, then uninstall then install. Nothing has worked yet. Think it's finally time to...dare I say it...cough cough call HP tech. Dun dun dunnnnn. Wish me luck.

Paul

HP Recommended

Same here:

we have two m2727 and one 1415, on a private network and HP ToolboxFX crash at startup. I've tried installing and updating Net Framework 1.1 as found in some hp sites with no luck.

the m2727 also suddenly stops scanning or fail to recognise any TWAIN device in the PC, only working again after reinstalling the driver.

As HP ToolboxFX crash we are not able to use SCANTO on some machines, while it still works with others, but often SCANTO working profiles dissapear from the printer!

In short, this machine (m2727) is driving us mad, not working correctly. Any ideas?

We are using WIN 7 x32

Thanks,

HP Recommended

Try the following and see if it works for you;

• Please go to the following directory  C:\ProgramData\Hewlett-Packard\ToolboxFX\Settings
  • Under this directory delete all the files in Settings folder. 
  • Then reboot pc and restart the printer.

*This can occur when the IP has changed or the printer had lost communication and been re-connected.

Regards,
affableLJ
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
I am an HP employee!
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have had problems with HP ToolboxFX while starting my Windows Vista installation. Today I read in the forum how to resolve this problem. I deleted all files in the folder c:/ProgramData/Hewlett-Packard/ToolboxFX/Settings folder. After this the errormessage from HP ToolboxFX disappeared and I was able to start the program HP ToolboxFX normally. Also, when re-booting my Laptop, the previous error message on startup had disappeared. I have struggled with this problem for a long time with my Windows Vista 32 bits operativesystem on my Lenovo Laptop.

Thank you for advice on this forum. Problem is resolved.

Best Regards, Vidar Bjerkeland

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.