Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-18-2012 11:27 AM
I am unable to scan with a Deskjet 2050 J510. Diagnostic says this is a WIA error. Have failed using Win Live Photo Gallery and Paint. Is there a solution as I feel HP have sold me something that is not fit for purpose?
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-18-2012 11:42 AM
Please verify the following OS services are enabled and try scanning again:
- From the Start menu, open the Run Dialog (Start > Run / pressing both the Windows key of the keyboard and R simultanly).
- Type services.msc and click OK.
- Localte the 'Shell Hardware Detection' in the list. If it is not enabled/started, Make sure to enable/start the service. Also make sure the Startup Type set as Automatically from its properties.
- Localte the 'Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)' in the list. If it is not enabled/started, Make sure to enable/start the service. Also make sure the Startup Type set as Automatically as well
- Localte the 'Remote Procedure Call (RPC)' in the list. If it is not enabled/started, Make sure to enable/start the service. Also make sure the Startup Type set as Automatically as well
I believe the steps above should solve the scanning issue.
Please let me know of any change,
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
07-19-2012 05:28 AM - edited 07-19-2012 05:29 AM
I've done all five steps but it is still NOT working.
it keeps saying "failed to connect with scanner", while printing is not a problem
i can print, copy, but NOT scan!
please help !!! appreciate !
P.S.: i have the HP deskjet 1050 all-in-one printer
04-23-2013 09:25 AM
Suggestion did not work and I think it is a problem with HP Solution Centre. I can scan music using Photoscore and have now downloaded freeOCR to circumvent the problem and that also scans ok. I have a photosmart 2710 and am disappointed that the support people do not wnt to know about the problem as it is over 5 years old, even when I point out that the scan works with other programs. Do they not support the software also? I find freeOCR very good so maybe HP's indifference has done me a favour.
10-04-2013 11:36 AM - last edited on 02-24-2017 10:28 AM by OscarFuentes
I understand that you are getting a WIA error message when trying to scan using your HP Printer. To be able to assist further with the issue I just need a bit more information.
First what is the model number for your printer?
Second what is the model number for your computer?