Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have Windows 7 32bit and HP Officejet 5110 all-in-one printer. Install of Generic IEEE 1284.4 printing support driver is failed and i can't install my printer. Any ideas to solve this problem?

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

The basic print driver for your printer are already included within Windows 7 32 bit OS.

1. Plug a USB cable from your printer to your PC.

2. Windows 7 is suppose to automatically detect and install built in drivers.

NOTE: Computer may need to be connected to the internet in order for Windows to automatically download the updated built-in driver list.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01874792

By the way, IEEE 1284.4 printing support refers to the much older bi-directional parallel port printers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_1284 

Windows may be generically calling it that because it does not yet recognize your printer.

Let me know if this helps.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I do this but when i connected the usb cable to my pc, system say Generic IEEE 1284.4 printing support Error then the drivers was install. USB printer was install but ieee not. I havent the IEEE 1284.4 cable in printer package. PC was connected to the internet.

HP Recommended

You may have to manually install your printer if windows does not auto detect unit.

1. Click Start Menu go to Control Panel Devices and Printers,
  2. Click "Add Printer".
  3. then "Add a local printer".
  4. Select "Use an existing port:"  Click drop down arrow and select any local port that has something similar to "USB001 (Virtual printer port for USB)" . If none exist, select "Create a new port:" click drop down arrow and select "Local Port" click next, then make up a port name i.e. "Virtual USB" or "USB".
  5.  Scroll down under the Manufacturer's list and search for your Officejet 5510 under both Hewlett-Packard and HP.  If your printer is not listed, click Windows Update to update the list of printers.
NOTE:The print drivers are displayed by their series names, which means the last one or two numbers may show as zeroes. For instance, the HP Photosmart 8750 displays as HP Photosmart 8700, and the PSC 1210 displays as the PSC 1200 series.

6.   Choose whether to use current driver installed.

7.   Change printers name if you want.

8.   Ignore any the Printer Sharing prompts.

9.   New printer should now be set as default printer, so print a test page.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02073861

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended
@ojoiant Are you having the same problem as the original poster? What printer are you using? How is the printer connected to the computer? What OS are you using?
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

I have the same problem, i followed your instructions, but i did not find my hp laserjet 1010 in the updated list, nor e.g. hp laserjet 1000. what can i do?

thank you for yor help.

HP Recommended

hnfgfn

HP Recommended

hello

sir 

i am windows 7 64 bit and my prnter hp 1010 not working pl solav my problem

HP Recommended

help me With Driver

HP Recommended

i need hp drivers 1010 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.