Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I purchased the 1536dnf printer and installed it on first PC without any problems. On the second one I spent hours by looking for solutions and applying them. None so far worked.

Facts:

Win 7 Ultimate, 64-bit, SSD, 12GB RAM, i7-960

Downloaded the ‘hp_M1530_MFP-full_Solution_ubs_n_w.exe’ file.

At the stage of “Preparing the installation” the bar is filling up and short before reaching 100% I get Error message mentioning fatal error with no other option than terminating the installation process.

I tried everything stated on this forum. Nothing worked. I managed to install the printer directly (add printer) but without a way how to scan and fax from computer.

Does anybody have any idea why is it causing such problems? As for a solution I really would like to avoid re-installing the PC just to get this printer working properly.

Thank you for any hints…

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Steve,

Update the firmware from the link below, and then follow the 1603 Fatal error document to turn off all your startup programs. Follow the steps below to uninstall and reinstall the printer.

Firmware Update

1. Fatal Error 'Error 1603
  2. Open Control Panel
  3. Click on Uninstall a program
  4. Uninstall the Officejet 8600 from the list
  5. Reboot your computer
  6. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

Adobe Flash Update

1. Download the full feature software and drivers, and then reinstall the printer.

Full Feature software and driver

Let me know what happens?

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35
HP Recommended

Hi lasa_sk,

Have you tried the Smart installer from the firmware on the printer. All you need to do is pluggin the USB cable to initiate the Smart install. Let me know if you are successfully able to install the printer using this method?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Using the USB connection I managed to install the printer correctly >>> mean I see the device appropriate picture on printer list. After having the printer being displayed on the list as USB printer I changed the port to TCP/IP I created.

The standard way of installation is still not running I can't use the device as scanner and fax. Could you please link me to the a site/ftp where I can download the scanner driver and application?

Every attempt to use the HP driver included in installation SW available on HP support site ends up with 0x00000057 error.

HP Recommended

Hi lasa_sk,

Download and install the firmware from the link below, and then uninstall the printer, and use the download from the link provided. Let me know what happens?

Firmware:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=Im-86043-7&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...=

Software & Driver:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=Im-86005-3&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...=

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Firmware updated, printer removed (from printer list), then new attempt to install the printer by using the standard FULL installation version.

Still the same error message >>> no chance to install this printer on this specific PC without re-installing the system (I guess).

Does some standalone scanner installation for 1536dnf MFP exist?

HP Recommended

Hi lasa_sk,

It does appear that the operating system is contributing with this failed installation. Can you install the printer on a different computer without any problems?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Yes, I installed this printer as network printer on 4 other computers without any problems. Unfortunately the one computer I am using 98% of time is having described problems with installation.

HP Recommended

Hi lasa_sk,

Follow the steps in the document below.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693964

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Following the steps you linked me I came to the point 5 where I picked the folder which creates it self when you want to install the printer in "normal" way. The folder is called 'M1530_MFP_Series_Basic_Solution'.

I got a message showing:

"Windows was unable to install your HP LaserJet M1536dnf MFP"

"Windows could not find driver for your device."

"if you know the manufactirer of your device, you can visit its website and check the support section for driver software."

The folder definitelly includes inf files hpc1530u and hpc1530c. Could you please check and may me post direct links to inf files that should be used as source for printer installation? Thank you very much.

HP Recommended

Hi lasa_sk,

There is something on this computer which is causing the installation to fail. Have you considered backing up your data, and then run a full system recovery?

I am an HP employee.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.