Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Good day everyone

Recently we are getting a 59.F0 Error on our HP 4525 Printer.

It only started giving this error once or twice a week, but now it has gone up to 2-3 times a day. Requiring a full restart of the printer to solve it.

From what i find right now it has todo with the paper path.

I allready removed all cartridges, the transfer belt & fuser multiple times to make sure they are all seated properly.

The error keeps coming back.

The problem has become too troublesome so I'm looking for a solution ASAP.

For the moment we can print on an other printer, but all color prints are for the 4525 that is giving the errors.

Anyone has any experience with this error & printer?

Thank you for your time.

Signed, Sven

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi community,

The HP printer error 59.F0 may be caused due to the failure in transfer alienation. Transfer alienation is a situation in which the Intermediate Transfer Belt (ITB) gets stuck and does not fully rotate. Another possible reason for the error 59.F0 in the HP printer can be a problem with the SR9 sensor. The SR9 sensor plays a pivotal role in the transfer-roller-disengagement sensor which can also be called Sensor K. The 59.F0 Error can be eliminated by resetting the toner and the fuser assembly. You may also try revitalizing your HP device. In addition, you can check for any issue in the fuser motor as well as the internal motor.

✔️Here, you can find tips to fix your problem: How to Fix HP Printer Error 59.F0 

🛑 If the issue persists, I'm afraid this is a hardware issue. Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service/replacement options.

Thanks.

Agatha
I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38
HP Recommended
When it works run a supplies status report and look at how much life is left in the transfer belt. If very low, replace it first as it could be causing the issue. If not you may have to call someone in for service as you can tell from the error code from the service manual it may be more then you are capable of doing.

59.F0 ERROR Transfer alienation failure 1. Verify that the ITB is installed.
2. Reconnect the primary-transfer
disengagement sensor J19, and
connector J128 on the DC controller
PCA .
3. Run the sensor test in the sensor
monitor mode to verify that the primary
transfer disengagement sensor is
functioning properly. If not, replace the
primary transfer disengagement sensor.
4. Perform the alienation drive component
test in the DIAGNOSTICS menu. If not,
replace the fuser motor. See Fuser
motor on page 200.
HP Recommended

Hello SvenC,

This post is an inquiry into whether or not you ever figured out hoe to fix your 59.F0 erro ron the CP4525.  Were you able to eliminate the error?  If so, what was the solution.  I have several printers causing this error.

Thanks!

I work for HP

HP Recommended

The problem i had was not solved with user replaceable parts.

Eventually after doing some more troubleshooting i called for an HP repair.

The suggested price for the repair from hp was so expensive, that we opted for a new printer, and stripped the old printer of parts for the future.

HP Recommended

Hello,

<UPDATES IN RED TEXT BELOW>

The purpose of this post is to inform the community of one of the causes of and suggestions on how to resolve the 59.F0 error issue for the CP4025, CP4525 and CM4540.

<ITB Primary Transfer Roller Alienation- Sensor Flag Sticking in Up Position>

The ITB (Intermediate Transfer Belt, aka. Transfer Kit) has a feature that removes the contact of primary transfer rollers (one for each color under the belt surface) when the printer is not running to prevent sets, etc.  The printer knows the location of the transfer rollers by cycling the system and getting a response from the sensor: (K on Manual Sensor Test for 4025/4525 and SR9 on CM4540).  The ITB has a white plastic pusher (in image #3 below) that moves the sensor flag lever on the printer (can be seen on left side with ITB removed hanging down from sheet metal cutout- Image #3).  The flag passes through the photo interrupter of the sensor.  The sensor flag/lever is returned to the home postion (down-image #2) by gravity.  In some cases, the sensor flag/lever can become stuck in the up position (see image #1 and #3 below).  When the flag/lever sticks or returns slowly the result can be a 59.F0 error.

Below is a recommended suggestion to resolve this problem:

1. Upgrade the FW
  2. Remove the ITB
  3. Remove the fuser and on the left side (front of printer side) you can see the sensor flag holder (image #1 and #2 below)
  4. If the sensor flag/lever is stuck in the up position then reach in and carefully release the part with your fingers.  The images below show the sensor flag/lever stuck in the up position.  Actuate the flag/lever a few times to make sure it is loosened up.
  5. Re-install the ITB
  6. Re-install the fuser
  7. Reboot to see if the error clears

If the issue returns in a short period of time, then the flag/lever is likely dragging and returning slowly or getting stuck again.  If this occurs, then it is recommended to:

1. Remove the top cover
  2. Inspect the POSITION DETECT ASSY RM1-5604 to ensure the photo interupter is seated correctly
  3. Check the sensor flag for proper movement
  4. Replace the POSITION DETECT ASSY RM1-5604

NOTE: The ITB is typically not the cause of this issue.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

DaveK.

I work for HP

<Image #1>

Just below is an image looking in with the fuser removed at the sensor flag/lever in the holder with the photo interrupter located on the left side (front of printer).  The sensor flag/lever is stuck in the up position which causes the 59.F0 error:

Holder_up.jpg

<Image #2>

Just below is an image looking in with the fuser removed at the sensor flag/lever in the holder with the photo interrupter located on the left side (front of printer).  The sensor flag/lever is in the down position

Holder_down.jpg

<Image #3>

Just below is an image of the ITB Primary Transfer Roller Alienation Pusher (white plastic part) and Sensor Flag/Lever (black plastic part stuck in the up position in the sheet metal cutout) as seen looking at the left side (front of printer) from the right side of the printer with the right door open and ITB still installed. 

JPBDB21361.JPG

HP Recommended

I've got the same issue 59.F0. I've replaced the toners, ITB belt assy, fuser, fuser drive assy and the sensor and sensor mount mentioned in this previous posts. Still getting the error.

In case I had a faulty part I took out all the above parts from a working 4525 and installed into the 4525 giving me the 59.FO error, no change the error keeps appearing. You can do 1 copy, then maybe 10 and then the error reappears.

Not sure what else may be causing this issue.

HP Recommended

Hello,

When you get the 59.F0 error, carefully open the right door and remove the fuser to see if the sensor is in the "up" position.  Have you checked this?  It does not take a lot of shock to the printer to make the sensor fall back down.

Have you upgraded your FW to the latest on the web?

Thanks,

DaveK.

I work for HP 

HP Recommended

Hi Dave

Sorry for not answering sooner, I've been on holiday. 

Yes I upgraded the firmware. I also made sure the printer was sitting on a flat sturdy surface. I checked the sensor arm every time the error appeared and it was in the correct position. 

Since your post, one of my engineers had the same problem with another 4525, he went through the same steps I've listed in my previous posts and he to still has the 59.F0 error. I've been in contact with a friend at a different company and they have faced the same issue. They took the decision to stop providing support for this model as it was costing them so much time and money.

After a meeting with my service director, he to decided not to take any more service calls concerning this issue and gives the client HP's contact details as he believes it's a defect with the 4525 that HP have not been able to solve.

If you ever do come across a definitive solution for the 59.F0 error please let me know, we lost a good long term client because of it.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Since I have been investigating this issue, I have received  several printers (12) with the 59.F0 error that occurred intermittently.  Most of them reproduced the error after printing sometimes thousands of pages.  Out of the ones that reproduced the error, most had the stuck sensor flag and one had a sensor that was not seated properly causing interference with the flag.  The findings on the majority was that the flag was sticking in the sensor holder due to contamination (toner, dust, etc. SEE IMAGE BELOW).  If you are still getting the error after upgrading the FW and replacing the sensor assembly (POSITION DETECT ASSY, RM1-5604), then the error is being caused by something else that we do not know about and are interested in learning more about. 

Would be ok if I contact you with a private email to discuss this in more depth?

Thanks,

DaveK.

I work for HP

Sensor.jpg

HP Recommended

We had the 59.F0 issue on one of our HP 4525 machines earlier this year.  I tried everything suggested online that I could find but to no avail and ended up ringing our extended warranty service desk.  2 weeks and 4 engineers later I lost my patience and demanded a replacement machine, which we got, not new but a refurbished one.  Guess what, this one is now getting the same error.  I have 5 other HP 4525's in the building, none of which have given me the same error .... yet!

Back to trying all the suggested fixes again. I don't think we will be getting HP printers in future if this continues.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.