04-14-2013 06:36 PM
get error: "server connection error 403
there was a problem connection to server"
This message occurs when trying to scan to email.
Airprint works fine. Scanning to computer works fine.
04-14-2013 10:42 PM
Try setting a manual DNS addresses and check if that may help getting the problem resolved:
- Open the HP Photosmart 6520 icon and then click on Printer Home Page (EWS). the EWS appears.
- Click the Network tab, then click on Networking.
- Click on Network Address (IP)
- Set the DNS Address Configuration as Manual.
- Set the preferred address as 188.8.131.52
- Set the Alternate address as 184.108.40.206 and confirm the changes.
- Next click the Settings tab.
- Ensure the correct Coutry/Region is selected.
Close the window and try using the Scan to Email feature again.
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
06-17-2013 11:52 AM
If you are having an issue opening the HP Printer Assistant software to proceed to the EWS, then I can provide you another method of accessing this web page. Please follow the steps below:
- Load plain white U.S. letter or A4 size paper in the tray, if it is not already loaded.
- On the printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon ( ), and then touch Print Info . The printer prints the pages.
- On this page one can find the IP Address of the printer (IPv4) section of the page. Typically this is in the form 192.168.xxx.xxx, but is not guaranteed to be this exact form.
- Open your preferred browser on your computer (ex. Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, etc)
- Type the printer's IP Address into the Address Bar of your browser and press Enter
- This will take you to the printer's embedded web server (EWS)
From here you can follow the helpful information posted by ShlomiL above your post. I hope this helps.
06-18-2013 12:03 PM
No problem, Cmasia. I am guessing that these steps were able to get you to the point where you could perform the above steps provided by ShlomiL. Was this able to successfully resolve your issue at this time?
07-02-2013 03:29 PM
I have also had the same error code 403. I tried the hints listed above but I am still getting the same error code. Therefore I can't scan anything at the moment. Does anyone have any other ideas of what I can do?
08-27-2013 01:39 PM
I'm having the same problem with not being able to scan to email. This has just started with the 403 error message. I've being able to perform this scan to email for months and all of sudden I can't. I've tried the corrections you've suggested and it doesn't work.