Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Guys,

I am having a problem with my plotter - the model is a Designjet T790.  The error code '8:11 Restart the printer.  If the problem persists, call HP support' appears when I turn it on.

On the back of the plotter, the 'I' LED is flashing.  'II' and 'III' are not doing anything.  I have taken out the PC board, replaced the battery and disconnected then remounted the HDD.  Nothing changed.

I have also tried to install a firmware update but nothing happened when I plugged the USB stick in.

Any help will be much appreciated - thanks!

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hey SQP,

I'm not sure how to solve your specific error problem, but it sounds like there may be a solution by updating the firmware. By the way you worded your question, it sounds like you were not successful in updating the firmware.

There should be a button on the front panel that looks like an 'i'. From that page you should have the option to select 'Firmware Update'. Press 'Check Now' and the printer will check if there is any update available from the website and download and install if necessary.

Let me know if you have already tried these steps and are still having problems.

Edited For Grammar

I am a HP employee.

If this solved your problem please give me a thumbs up by clicking the 'thumbs up' button below.
HP Recommended

Hi,

What the 08:11 means most of the time is that the printer is not recognizing the formatter or the HDD.

The Led combination indicates a failure on the HDD.

Sometimes removing the batery for 5 min helps.

Replacing the HDD should take care of the problem. Just make sure you get the correct HDD.

There are different part numbers for the HDD depending on the printer revicion.

To know what printer rev you have, look at the last letter on the model number

Rev A ends in A

Rev B ends in B

Rev C ends in C

I hope this helps.

Best regards

Mike G

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
HP Recommended

Thanks flyingcircle. Unfortunately I can`t do this as the front panel goes straight from the initializing mode (makes it to 1%) to the error.  None of the buttons respond to pressing at any stage.

HP Recommended

Thanks Mike, I suspected that the HDD may be the problem.  I will try taking the battery out for 5 mins first though.

HP Recommended

Mike, i have the same problem with my T790 plotter. Error Code 08:11.  I have purchased a new hard drive and that didn't work so then I purchased a used formatter board from a recycled plotter.  Could the recycled board be bad or is there anything else that could be a problem.  The indicator lights on the new formatter board are as follows: "I" is on solid, "II" off, and "III" is off.  Any advice would be much appreciated.

Robert

HP Recommended

When you say you replaced the hard drive, was it a new hard drive purchased from HP?  If not, a blank hard drive will not work because it does not have th operating system installed on it, HP used Unix or Linux to write those files, they are not Windows based.

HP Recommended

Hi,

The Led combination means that the printer is not recognizing the formatter.

From Experiences, never use Formatter, HDD, Main PCA from another printer, in fact, do not use any electronic board from another printer.

Make sure you use the original parts or new.

Make sure the formatter is all the way in. if it is, could be a problem with the Formatter or the HDD

Best regards

Mike G

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
HP Recommended

Hello. HDD replaced on hp t790 also gives out an error 08: 11. If will I replace a formatter will there be he to work?

HP Recommended

Did anyone figure this problem out?  My HP Designjet T790 worked one day then the next it had error 59.3:00 followed by error 8:04.  I have gotten no support from HP.  I have not replaced any parts on the machine.  It just quit working.  I did force a firmwear update but had no change in error codes.  This machine is not inexpesive and was bought brand new a few years ago.  It now just collects dust.   Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!  Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.