Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

We have only had this printer for about 1 year and it has worked great up until now.  For some reason the lights on the front and the control panel display are not illuminated therefore will not work when I touch them.  When I unplung it from the outlet to reboot it, the front panel will open (lift up) and sometimes the panel will light up, but once the panel closes all lights disappear again. I can sometimes get it to print but without the control panel and lights I can't do anything else on the printer.  Please help me resolve this issue.  I need my printer.

36 REPLIES 36
HP Recommended

Hello @sralmon , and welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience!

I see you are running into panel issues.  I would like to help.

I would recommend performing a power reset.  Disconnect the power cord from the printer and the power outlet, then wait 60 seconds. After 60 seconds, plug the printer back in. Ensure you plug the printer directly to a wall outlet. Make sure to bypass any sort of surge protector or power bar.

I would also suggest plugging the printer power into a new wall jack.

Good luck and please let me know the results of your troubleshooting steps. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
HP Recommended
Having the exact same problem with our Envy 120 and the power reset as suggested did not fix the problem. Any additional suggestions?
HP Recommended

Hello tc0729,

After reviewing the issue further, it appears the best course of action would be to contact HP directly.  You can utilize this website to learn how to contact HP appropriately, based on your region: Contact HP Worldwide.

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
HP Recommended

I saw the earlier posts on this issue.  My issue is similar , i.e., no lights on the front panel....but, if I gently lift the front panel up, the lights come on and the printer functions normally.  I may have caused this issue when I lifted the front panel up manually to allow me to refill paper into the tray.  Is there a way to reset the printer so it raises to the full up position and then the lights and printer function normally?

HP Recommended

I have tried all the fixes in this blog to no avail.

When you lift the panel to 90 degrees the screen lights up and accepts commands, but other than that it is blank.

Unit still prints and scans when blank if orchestarted from the PC

HP Recommended

I too have the same issue and the print won't start-up.  no way to switch printer on and screen not responding.

This seems like a common problem.... what can be done?

HP Recommended

We have had the same problem and it has gotten progressively worse.   We used to be able to open the top, get the print cartridges to move and the lights on the panel would sometimes come on.  Now the lights do not go on but it will occasionally print.  Has anyone found a solution or is this printer simply disposable after one year or so?

HP Recommended

Seem a general issue. Must be a “touch display sensor” issue as for me also when I gently lift the front panel up (30 to 40°), the display come on immediately. If I double touch the black display the selected function will work but the display will not light up. When selecting the paper refill button the display works immediately. All the printer functions work normally.

HP Recommended

Hi. Just remove the top cover, and then replace the flat cable which connects front panel and the mainboard. Because the front panel is moving, the flat cable cracks easily. It is 50 pin, 25.5mm width, 85mm lenght reverse direction cable.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.