Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
CZ 173A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

Basically the printer is amazing and works perfectly, but I have only one question. Whenever I want to copy a paper, the last 2 or 3 rows don't appear on the copied paper (I mention that the page is full of stuff written on it, so there's not too much blank space at the bottom and top). Is there any setting that I can do in order to copy the entire page? Or is it just the printer error/problem and I should use the product's guarantee? Or is it just the printer setting that copies only a certain area of the paper?

Thank you! 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello@Cristina74,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I have read your post and understand that you need assistance in fixing the scanning issue on the printer. I will definitely help you.

I request you to perform the steps below and check if that solves the issue.

Also, make sure to connect the printer to wall socket directly and not to surge protector.

Printer power reset

• Make sure the printer is idle, not making any sounds, before continuing.
  • With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Wait at least 60 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  • If the printer does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know for more.

Resolv_S

I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP doesn’t recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply!

Unfortunately, it doesn't work. It might be a solution, but not for my problem though. The thing is that the scanning option works perfectly. I can upload a scanned paper into my computer, actually,  I can scan the whole paper. My issue is just about the 'copy' option of my printer, because it doesn't print a new copied page containing all of the stuff that the original paper has, since the last rows are excluded.

Hope you'll reply soon, thank you!

HP Recommended

Hi @Cristina74, I am the @Chimney_83. It looks like you were interacting with @Resolv_S, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

I understand that you are able to print and scan from your printer. However, only the bottom area is not getting printed. 

Recommend you to select the copy button on printer front panel. 

Scroll through the settings and you will have an option to "Restore Defaults" towards the end. 

Please select Restore Defaults in the copy menu and check. 

Also, make sure the correct paper size and Reduce/Enlarge settings are set correctly. 

HP LaserJet Printers - Copying Documents or Photos

Keep me posted. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.