Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 7612
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a newly purchased HP Officejet 7612 wide format printer which I installed without any problem on my home wireless network using Windows 7.  All features worked perfectly.  I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (64 bit) and the upgrade to Windows 10 seemed fine until I tried to install the HP 7612. 

The Windows 10 install did not see the printer or have a driver.  I re-downloaded the software (Full Feature Software and Drivers OJ 7610 971-2)  and after a lot of tweaking and re-tries, got the package to install.  I used a network installation exactly the same setup as I used for Windows 7.

The printer reported itself as being installed on the network (I got the IP address, normal ready wireless connection, etc.  But the computer running Windows 10 simply would not see the printer , print anything, nada.

I spent five hours uninstalling, reinstalling, re-loading, etc., using every piece of advice I could find on the HP site without success.

I finally had to revert back to Windows 7 using the restore function that comes with Windows 10 because I need a printer for my home-based business and could not afford to have any more downtime.  The restore went perfectly, the printer once again works perfectly on the network using Windows 7.  

Has anyone else had this issue?  I would like to upgrade to Windows 10 before the free offer runs out.  Any help would be much appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello MoldyM,

Welcome to the HP Forums.

I see that you're having an issue when attempting to install the printer on Windows 10.

Please click on the following link that has detailed troubleshooting steps on How to Get Your Printer Working with Windows 10.

If the troubleshooting does not help resolve your issue, I would then suggest contacting HP's Technical Support to see about further options for you. , : click here.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers,  :LaughingTears:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
I have the same issue installing my HP Officejet 7410 in Windows 10.
The All-in-One-Software does not detect my Officejet in al three cases (USB, Wired and wireless).
Even When I enter the printer's IP address, the printer is not detected.
The printer is fully operational in Windows 7, Windows 8 and via HP ePrint.
Via Windows adding a network printer I can add the Officejet and after that i am able to print, but I cannot use all features of the printer as the installation of the AIO software fails.
HP Solution Center keeps telling that the software is not installed.
I have tried all given solutions over and over again.
HP Print and Scan Doctor tries to reinstall the All-in-One software, but adding the printer to the AIO-software the printer is not being detected... So I'm ending in a loop.
I have tried all troubleshooting options. I'm getting desperate...
HP Recommended

Hello Marixius,

Seeing that you have attempted the troubleshooting that I have added to this thread, I suggest contacting HP's Technical Support to see about further options for you. , : click here.

An HP Representative will have the ability to assist you in real time rather then having to stand by for a response.

Thanks for your time.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Hello Waterboy71,

I followed your link but that does not help me much.
Unfortunately my HP Officejet 7410 AIO is no longer covered by waranty and that seems to be necessary to use the chat option.
I already have tried all other options like HP Print and Scan Doctor, HP Support Assistant software, HP Installation Wizard.
So please advise me how to get in touch with an HP Representative to help me solve my installation problem. The All-inOne software is unable to detect my printer in all 3 cases (wired, wireless, or USB).

Hope someone else can help me to solve the detection problem.
HP Recommended

Connect the printer by LAN network cable to your router or domain network.

On windows 10 PC

Right-click on Start | left-click Control panel | network and internet | Network and Sharing | Change adapter settings

Right-click on Ethernet 

Click on properties and untick Internet protocol IPv6

Now install 7610 software

Choose LAN and it should fine the printer.

I think the problem is your router or server that assigns IP address does not support IPv6. Windows 10 defaults to using IPv6 if it is enabled and so cannot find/connect to the printer & even an SQL server the network.

Turning off IPv6 solved the connection problems.

HP Recommended

I have done all the same steps, uninstall - reinstall and my Officejet 7612 software.  

The printer is recognixed by Windows 10 but, NOT by HP Software! My IP address is all set, my Wireless beacon is solid blue and yet HP Device Installer says nope - you have no device connected. I can print, scan and even email all with Windows 10 - just none of the HP "extras" will install.

Still get the following box pop-ups:

IMPORT TWAIN: HP 7610 Series not found. Funny, because I have a 7612 series.
Short cut HP Officejet 7610 Series: The Install box pops up.

I have always liked HP printers just have always disliked their poorly written software. Once again HP falls short of the autoscripting which works well with Epson, Brother and even Samsung printers.

So, I will use my Officejet 7612 with fair efficiency - from the generic software drivers available - but, as far as any enhancements with printing or scanning, I know I just won't be able to do that because after you purchase an HP Printer - that pretty much is it.

HP Recommended

As the person who initiated this thread, I would like to provide some encouragement.

As stated in my first post, I uninstalled Windows 10 and restored Windows 7 because I had run out of fixes and could not be without my printer and scanner.  After several months, I took the plunge again and re-installed Windows 10 on two computers in my network.  The first one immediately saw the printer, and scans and prints properly.  The second computer could see the printer but could not scan.  I used the HP Print Doctor and this time the fix worked. 

I am still aggravated with the whole process, but finally got a solution.

HP Recommended

Hi MoldyM,

I understand when you get to a point the printer and scanner work you feel it was a solution. When I wonder if, in fact, it was more a resolution like mine.

Does one of your Windows 10 computers actually run the HP Series 7610 software when you click-on the shortcut? Mine does not and only launches the Install dialogue box.

So, you see, my Windows 10 Pro is doing most of the "work" in recognizing the Officejet 7612 Printer along with the print/scan/copy/fax and not due to an open HP dialogue box menu. So, I have a great All-in-One HP Printer and no availability to the HP enhancement software. Like descreening of a magazine picture as an example, because the TWAIN doesn't recognize the scanner even though Windows 10 Pro does.

This is my take; I should not have to jump through hoops to have a NEW, out-of-the-box printer, along with a hard CD-ROM software install not work. It should work - period.

This has been an HP history with myself and others. Even when I was running all HP equipment on Windows 7 the HP printer software refused to successfully load - constantly searching for a missing .msi file, which was on the CD-ROM, and would never seem to "stay" in its place. HP even had me go in and change script language - do you believe that - in order to rectify it. It did work for about a week and then, as an IT friend of mine likes to say; it leaked down the drain.

So other than multiple attempts to uninstall all - which by the way you can't without using the Uninstall Tool from crystal idea to force remove the snarky little kernals. 

My resolution is to use the basics of what I need, to print, scan, copy and fax. using Windows 10 applets and go "without" the HP enhancement software which will not operate in Windows 10 Pro. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.