Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@lns wrote:

i have the exact same problem. just bought it today. were you able to fix it?

thanks

HP Recommended

I am going to try cleaning the head again tomorrow. After that I will throw HP out of the window, I am not going to spend more money with this company. This printer cost £96 less than 18 months ago, and has had extremely light use. Compared with my previous Canon which went on for years, HP's has plagued me with faults and skew-wif printing that I can't cure.

HP Recommended

Cleaning the print head a second time produced a momentary normal message - well, it said Clear Paper Jam (when there wasn't one) but after a few seconds we got the HP favourite back,  0xca0020.

Is there anyone from HP out there who wants to help please?

HP Recommended

Sorry, I gave the error message incorrectly. It was, as ever, 0Xc19a0020. Don't we LOVE our little HP jokers.

HP Recommended

@Chaileyuser
Have you tried the steps in the document below.

Alphanumeric Code

HP Recommended

yes, its just planned obsolessons, it wasnt meant to work past the warrentee, and at under a hundred everyone/every shop told me to replace it.

HP Recommended

Thank you, yes I have done the print head cleaning procedure four times now, carefully following the procedure, and each time the fault message come up instantly when the top cover is closed.

Have you any other suggestions please?

Many thanks

HP Recommended

I have tried "taking the cartridges out" procedure too. No luck.

I have spent enough time on HP faults.

Next stop, the Canon shop!

Bye-bye HP, no wonder you're going broke!

HP Recommended

I had the same problem and this is how I fixed it... It is hard to get the cover off (and it's not the top cover, but the one on the right side as facing), but once you do follow the directions below.

- Turn off power and unplug from power source.
- Open right side of printer (looking at the front).
- Disconnect by pulling gently, both white flat ribbon cables off the main circuit board.
- Plug in power source and turn printer on. Wait till you get a error message and push "Ok".
- Unplug power source.
- Reconnect the flat ribbon cables by aligning and carefully pushing into the conectors on the main circuit board.
- Plug in power source and turn printer on (Printer preparing occurred).

Source: 

tecnical support for hp printing
HP Recommended
pmhaseeb2010,

Thanks for posting the steps that worked for you! I am sure it will help other in the community. Let us know if you run into any other problems, Best of Luck!
You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.