Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have Windows XP Professional Sp3 32 bit

LCD is unable to control and jumping from one command to another. The printer is printing..and the LCD is another language. 

I tried taking cord out of wall and reinstalling software.  No LUCK.  Please Help 

43 REPLIES 43
HP Recommended

Please refer to this:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03177455

NOTE: Before you perform a reset, try searching the HP Support and Drivers website for a document on resolving the error or issue you are currently experiencing.

I work for HP

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may select the "Kudos" button on any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks.
HP Recommended

Hi trainerdz,

A successful semi full reset would reset the printer to factory defaults and clear the memory.  If the printer was on a wireless network, it would be taken off and would need to be reconnected.  If you want to give this a try, I can send the steps to you in a private message to your HP Forums in-box.  I would need you to agree not to publish the steps.  Let me know what you decide.

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
HP Recommended

Hello,
I just thought I’d check in to ask if you were able to resolve your issue.
Rich

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
HP Recommended

can i get steps to reset it - 

my device does not recognise my black cartridge - i both a new one original and steel not working.

thk's

Dan

HP Recommended

Hi Dan,

Do you also have the Photosmart C4780 ?

Can you give more detail about how the printer is not recognizing the cartridge?  Is there an error message, or is the printer just not printing black?

What is the operating system for your computer? 

Is the printer connected by usb, Ethernet or wireless?

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
HP Recommended

hy Rich,

Yes i do have a Photosmart HP C4780

My printer is not connected to any of that (USB, Ethernet or Wifi)

After i start the printer - on display i can see a message like "Problem printing cartridge" and the power button is blinking and that's it nothing more.

I've replaced old cartridge with a new one - problem persist

error_HP.png

HP Recommended

Can you change the size of the image you inserted to Large

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
HP Recommended

I've  translate this message because on display is in my language - Problem printing cartridge

error_HP.png

HP Recommended

Thanks.  Take a look at the following link that addresses cartridge problem issues.  Click Here  I recommend following these steps and see if this helps.

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.