Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Ink system failure error usually shows when you have problems with your printheads or one of your cartridges has issues, a refilled or empty cartrige..something like that. But there's a lot of ways how to get rid of this error and the error itself with 0xx.. will tell you if this is an issue with the cartridge or printhead. Check out this Ink System Failure article with all those specific information. It is helpful to know the health of our printer. 🙂

HP Recommended

thank you so much , you are right.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for the solution. I fought a few days with this problem. I've tried everything as described above. Only your solution proved to be effective. Once again, thank you very much :generic:

HP Recommended

Hello. I came across you post, and I am having the same issue. I don't want another printer because this one functions and prints beautifully...except ink system failure. Could you please send me the instructions to my email? I would greatly appreciate it.

{Personal Information Removed}

Thank you,

Lisa

HP Recommended

Hi.  I am having the same issue with my printer.  I love this printer, and I don't want to have to throw it away to get a cheaper printer if it can be fixed by either a reset (tried today) or replacing the capacitors (next on the list).  I thank you guys for posting this informaton for those of us who have never had any problems with the printer until now.  I use my printer for receipts, scanning and it does a phenomenal job printing photos.

Thanks again for all the information!

HP Recommended

What help and ok buttons are you talking about.  Where are they located?  I am having this issue too and have full ink tanks. 😞

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem!  Could you please email me at {Personal Information Removed} and give me the detailed directions to fixing this problem.  I sure would appreciate it.  I can't print and like you I love my printer and don't want to replace it if possible.  Thank you so much!!!!  I believe Lorell posted the same issue on 2/8/2011 and said she would respond to any request for further help by email.

Thanks,

wabbit

HP Recommended

Hi, I have done a lot of research on the "Ink System Failure" error.  I have found a document that should help with this issue and hopefully clear up any issues that you are having.  Please click on the following link to get the the document.  http://goo.gl/pjtJSl

I have seen that the number 1 trouble shooting step is to remove the power cable from Power Bars or serge protectors and plug the unit directly into a wall out let.  The reason for this step is because the unit already has a built in serge protector and if you have it plugged in to a Bar or Serge protector, then the unit will not get all the power it requires to function properly and it will cause issue's with false errors on the screen or powering on issue's.

If you have any other questions on this matter or any other HP product, please feel free to write back and I will do my best to assist you.

Thank you

Waterboy 71

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi everyone. I have an HP photosmart C5180 model. I got it from a friend of mine after a few years of not using it. Of course all inks got expired but as I only need to print black copies I have only changed the black ink leaving all the colour ones as they were. Unfortunately I am not able to print anything, even in black as the LCD screen keeps posting the message that I have to replace all of ink cardriges. Is it really necessary? Does anyone know if it is possible to replace only black ink to be able to print or do I really have to replace all of them.? Ill be thankful for any info concerning this subject.

HP Recommended

Hi grybers

I understand you replaced the black ink cartridge but the colors have already expired the warranty.

The printer will not operate unless all the ink cartridges are installed. Also, HP cannot guarantee the quality of refilled or remanufactured ink cartridges.

I have included a url for checking ink levels, calibrating and cleaning the print head for future use.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00707165

Hope this helps.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.