Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I tried to  print a doc after not using this printer for more than a year. The Ink System Failure message appeared when I first turned on the printer so I replaced all the old cartridges with new ones. The message persisted and I can not print even a Test or Sample page. My page to be printed remains in the queue. I have tried resetting several times with the advised power cord removal method. Always with the same result, Ink System Failure Error: 0xc18a0206. Maybe this machine is just too old. Having spent over $100.00 on new cartridges that would be very disappointing. I am using a Sony Vaio laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium, but since I can't print a test or sample page I think the issue must be in the printer.  I am holding off on the sledge hammer method for now. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey hphippie,

I see you are experiencing an Ink System Failure error code on your Photosmart D7360.  It sounds like sitting up for some time may have lead to damage within the printer.  I would advise following the steps in the document linked below to troubleshoot an Ink System Failure error code.

An Alphanumeric Code (Example: '0x...' or 'C2...') or 'Ink System Failure' Error Message Displays on...

Let me know how it goes,
Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hey hphippie,

I see you are experiencing an Ink System Failure error code on your Photosmart D7360.  It sounds like sitting up for some time may have lead to damage within the printer.  I would advise following the steps in the document linked below to troubleshoot an Ink System Failure error code.

An Alphanumeric Code (Example: '0x...' or 'C2...') or 'Ink System Failure' Error Message Displays on...

Let me know how it goes,
Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I tried Solution One (1) which I had already found during my research. This made the third try for this procedure, and it did not work, again. Solution Two seems to be my only recourse but repairing a 7 year old printer may no be cost effective. I have also read on some blog that there is not a good way to revitalize these old jets that are clogged with dried up ink. This is less than encouraging. I am sorry that I spent/wasted the money on all new cartidges. But I do thank you for for leading me in the correct direction and confirming some of my suspicions. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.