Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Count me as another user having this problem.  Still no fix after all this time?!?

I appreciate hearing all the suggestions of non-HP products to buy to replace my HP.  Clearly not feeling the love from HP with my C7280...

HP Recommended

The mistake log: 8,[(6, 1018, -2147220486) ]

I already used the update from 2011

HP Recommended

My C7250 stopped working right. altogether (ink system failure nag) .  Between that and the scan error, I decided to return it to Costco after 3 years.  What a policy. I got the OfficeJet 6700 which has been awesome as well as the software. 

HP Recommended

My C7280 still face the same problem.

I lunch Hpiscnapp.exe manually.

HP Recommended
Same problem Here OfficeJet 4500!!!
HP Please FIX THIS!!!
HP Recommended

I was able to resolve this issue with an HP Scanjet 8270 by doing the following:

1. Disconnected the scanner.

2. Removed ALL programs associated with the scanner.

3. Restarted the system.

4. Downloaded and installed HP Scanjet Full Feature Software and Driver V13.

5. During the installation, when prompted to connect the scanner, I did but immediately clicked the Found New Hardware notification in the system tray and instructed it to NOT look for drivers at Windows Update.

6. Allowed the installation to finished.

7. Tested once (at this point) and met with success.

NOTE: I first tried installation using HP Scanjet 8270 Full Feature Software and Driver V14-5 and it did not resolve the error. However, during that attempt, I did not instruct it to skip looking for drivers at Windows Update. So, it's possible that 14.5 would have worked had it not found drivers at Windows Update. It's also possible that 13 would have worked even had I not told it to skip looking for drivers at Windows update.

HP Recommended

This is frustrating.  The same problem reported year after year.  Scanning documents on my HP C7280 suddenly stopped working.  I can sometimes scan one page, but then the second page stops half way through.  If I'm using the sheet feeder, the scond page freezes up midway through.  I've run the HP software with Windows 7 Professional for two years.  I have uninstalled the HP software 4 times, using an level 4 uninstall and reinstalled.  I've cleaned the registry and then reinstalled the HP software and updates.  I have a printer and a copier but I cannot scan.  I paid for HP support, and they tried but accomplished nothing.  They were more interested in selling me a new printer.  The problem is not the hardware so far as I can tell, or the scan would never work.  The sudden appearance of the problem, when I had not installed any new programs, indicates a sofware update is the cause.  Win 7?  HP drivers?  Norton AV?  Any ideas at all?  Is anyone out there?  Does anyone at HP even care?

HP Recommended

how to correct hp scanner 8270 flatbed when error read  ,Hp scanner resources have stopped

HP Recommended

hp please fix this issues !!!

StupidHpPrinter.png

HP Recommended

Hello, everyone!

I've just ran into this error today, and it does have a fix, although it is not documented.

The most likely problems you're running into are system permissions. On x64 systems, they are much more strict, and some tools, like Windows 7's UAC  will block some executables from running. Microsoft Windows Essentials  is much, much worse – it'll block suspicious executables without warning, even if they are false positives.

Here's how I fixed my problem (HP PSC 1510 printer: )

1. Uninstall Microsoft Windows Essentials and get a good antivirus (Avast, Kaspersky, McAffee, etc.)
  2. Disable UAC  (User Account Control) – at least temporarily.
  3. Get HP Print Scan and Doctor, available here: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03275041.
  4. Even if you have an antivirus now, disable it temporarily.
  5. Run the program above. When asked, say you want to fix scanning.
  6. This program will run several tests. It will fail on a few steps. Follow the instructions on screen.
  7. Go back and repeat the test again. If it goes through all the tests cleanly, the problem has been fixed. You can enable UAC again (if you wish) and your antivirus now. If this does not work, reinstall the drivers as described below:

Reinstalling the drivers:

1. Get your printer CD  or download your printer driver (with all the software download size should be around  300 MB -400 MB.)
  2. If you have rebooted, disable your antivirus again!
  3. Run setup as administrator.
  4. Choose to remove all software. Follow all the instructions on screen.
  5. Reboot.
  6. Disable your antivirus again. Run the printer setup as administrator.
  7. Choose to reinstall everything and wait a little.
  8. Reboot.
  9. Run the HP printer doctor again. Most likely, it will fail again and ask for this update: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=oj-81532-2&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&.... If it asks for a different update, just install it accordingly.
  10. If asked for the update, download and install it. It should run quietly.
  11. Run the test again. Now, it should run through the end. You can now enable UAC again, if you wish.
  12. Enjoy!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.