Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I LOVE this scanner. I bought it WAY back in 2000, it worked PERFECTLY until I tried to install it on my new Dell Laptop which uses Windows 7, Home Premium. I REFUSE to purchase new equipment when this worked perfectly.

I REFUSE to purchase new equipment when this worked perfectly.

I've tried and tried to install the driver from cd, from website, nothing works. Where can I get the driver???????

PLEASE HELP!?!?!?!?!

HP Recommended

Well, thank YOU Harlandas. This "little" tip work much better way, then others (they dont work at all).

Program works strangely - You have to change with each scan "...output type" settings (im working with black-white pic's atm), but, well, better then nothing.

To others, follow Harlandas instructions by letter (posted in this topic, 3 post, posted at  11-09-2009 01:54 PM) and You get things to work.

Thx alot.

HP Recommended
I got it working now using the XP emulator. The link Harlandas and others suggested do work out. After installing, attach scanner and maybe a printer again manually to windows XP under the USB tab.
I normally save the scan, go back to Windows 7 and use the scan in another program or print.

But i agree to all of you, is it really so difficult to write a new driver for Windows 7? I hoped for better service fom HP
Succes to all strugglers that will follow me in this time and energy consuming process.
Jaap
HP Recommended

Hello everybody!

Again the same issue, sorry.

I have 2 PC's with Windows7 and made theme working together with the scanner Scanjet 4300c, they are 32 bits, by using the instructions of the forum, many thanks for that.

Now I recently bought a new HP laptop with 64bits , please look:

equipo.gif 

The former instructions to download the driver don't work anymore, may somebody give me new ones or any other help how I can connect the Scanjet 4300c, I still like that machine, thanks.

Many regards, Michaela from Spain

HP Recommended

You are the best! Thank you for the great post!

HP Recommended
Follow Harlandas instructions by letter (posted in this topic, 3 post, posted at 11-09-2009 01:54 PM). All shall be perfect.
HP Recommended

I have windows 7 home premium.  I have hardware-assisted virtualization.   I am thinking of buying windows 7 update professional, but if I do, I want to be able to run both my HP Scanjet 4300c and my HP deskjet 712c printer from the XP emulator.  The 712c has a parallel printer port only, but I bought a cable to connect it to USB.  Will both of these machines work?

HP Recommended

@agihard,

as all remarks in previouw posts. @Harlandas provided the right procedures for me. I use Windows 7 pro for 2 years now. To use the scanner I switch to the XP emulator, make the scan and save it, switch back to Windows 7 and use the scan. The scanner is connected with USB cable.

It is a **bleep** complicated and time consuming process. The scanner is good, but I was quite disappointed to learn HP does not support the scanner with a Windows 7 driver. I will think twice before buying any HP equipment again now I know they won't support it over the lifetime of the product.

Success with all the installation work! regards, Jaap

HP Recommended

Thanks for your advice.  I think I might try VirtualBox before I buy Windows 7 pro.  Do you have any experience with VirtualBox?  https://www.virtualbox.org/

HP Recommended

Hello Friend

I also have HP Scanjet 4300C and and i am using Windows 7 Ultimate as my operating system and i am not facing any problem ...with my print and scan process so my friend i suggest  you to use windows 7 ultimate for better output....

so i suggest  you to use it because Window 7 ultimate is really one of the most widely used operating system It Resolve all the problem of Windows  vista .which did a lot to harm both the company's reputation, and the productivity and blood pressure of its users. Almost All the PC Maker Company provides Window 7 in his system. If we talk about compatibility with Windows 7 we can say Windows 7 having the good compatibility with software available in a market. 

Windows 7 is one of the most comprehensively used Operating system today because of its wonderful features like…..

1. Compatibility
  2. Speed
  3. New TaskBar
  4. Desktop Organization
  5. File organization
  6.  Networking
  7. Touch
  8. System Requirements              .
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.