Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Harlander, we are still benefitting from your post after all these years. Couldn't have done it without you! and Thanks.

HP Recommended

Harlander, I followed your instructions and the driver installed correctly but when I try to launch it, It opens with a message "Scanner not found". Vice-versa: if I go to the hardware on the Control Panel I see the scanner but it says it won't work 'cause "no software available". Any suggestions anyone?

As a lot of you all say, I think it is disgusting that HP will not go to the trouble of writing a driver which will work with Windows 7. If they hope to sell me a new Scanner they can forget it ... unless I can get this one to work, this is the last HP product I will ever buy!!!!!

HP Recommended

@TomHM,

Can't agree more. When you see the list of remarks, it is remarkable HP did not spend a couple of hours to write a new driver. For me conclusion is that I will never buy HP again. I hope windows will keep the emulator at work, if not I'm screwed.

Wish you succes! For me the recipe of @Harlander works for me. It is not the quality of the scanner itself....... 

JP

HP Recommended

Thanks it worked for me in Windows 7

HP Recommended

Harlander's procedure did not work for me. I received message:

Device driver software was not successfully installed.

HP Scanjet 3400c   X no driver found.

HP Recommended

Hello weighed

If the solution did not work for you I suggest posting in the HP Business support forums for a better chance at finding a solution. The Scanjet product series are commercial scanners and there should be more people familiar with Scanjets at the Scanjet board rather than here in the HP Consumer boards.

You may find the Commercial Scanjet board here.
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanners/bd-p/bsc-418

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
HP Recommended

Thx Travis. I'll do that, BTW, I used to work for EDS/HP and it's sad that I can't find a driver. I used to use my tower with Win XP on it to scan but now I'm betting a no memory msg. So I need to look into that too. 

HP Recommended

You're welcome weighed

I wish I could help you, however, I am not familiar with Scanjet hardware or software. I wish you the best of luck in finding a working driver at the HP Commercial forums.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

HP Recommended

BTW, can I change my Call Name or am I stuck with it? It seems it was automatically selected for me when I joined. 

HP Recommended

Yes, to change you name you must contact a Moderator or an Administrator. Below is a link to an older thread where it explains you need to contact a Mod to get your user name changed.

Source: change login name for this forum

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.