Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Great process description. Worked perfectly for me! Thanks.
HP Recommended

how to used the hp scanjet whit the solution center

HP Recommended

Hi remlaw,

Please provide additional details.

1. Problem Description
2. Printer Model
3. Operating System (including service pack revision)
4. Connection Method - USB, Hardwired LAN, Wireless?
5. Error messages - on printer screen and/or computer, any blinking light patterns.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Printing-Questions/Want-Good-Answers-Ask-Good-Questions/m-p/2094

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

pcwizard, this message is in reply to your message 80 to me in this thread.

I was following the steps that you had outlined in message 48 of this thread.

I have not tried installing the printer on another PC since I have only one PC. The printer functions normally for printing. I can also make copies using the front panel, but I cannot scan from the front panel. I can scan using MS Paint. HP Solution Center will still not run, even though the HP software installs with no error messages.

I also ran the HP Print and Scan Doctor. After "finding and fixing scanning problems", it came back with "Registry Error" - "a problem was found with device registration". It recommended to uninstall and reinstall the software, something I had already done twice. I actually uninstalled and reinstalled yet again (for a third time) - same results.

I even ran a registry cleaner (Eusing Free Registry Cleaner), but had no luck fixing the problem that way, either.

My problems all started after a failed printer firmware update (updater file was C4700_FWUpdate_4362_HPCOM_v1.exe). Before that, I had used this printer for several years with no problems.

HP Recommended

Hi Mr. PC Wizard, I did every step, I do have my wireless printer (HP Photosmart all-in-one) Windows 7 64 bit, working.  I do not have the HP solutions Icon so that I may scan photo & documents.  I found out quite by accident that I can right click on the computer in the devices & Printer tab, then click the 3rd photosmart c110 series and a scan window will open.  It is very inconvenient.  When I change a place to save it, I have to rescan the item. very inconvenient. I have uninstalled 5 times and re installed 5 times today.  Still no HP solution center. I have misplaced my install cd, I think It went poof, I used it so many times before.  Should my printer last longer than 2 1/2 years? Thank you, MissPiggie

MissPiggie
HP Recommended

Hi Kobac,

Follow the steps below

Step one: Clear temp directory

1. Type %temp% in the run or search for programs and files field

2. Highlight all the files in this folder, and then press the delete key to delete. If you get a message that the file is in use you will need to skip this file(s).

3. Continue with Step 2 below

Step two: Downloaded and extracted to your system:

1. Download the full feature software and drivers

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-71555-3&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...=

2. Once the download is finished double click on the file to extract the software.

3. When the installation window opens press the cancel button to stop the installation

4. Type %temp% in the run or search for programs and files field

5. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)

6. Right click on the folder, and select Copy

7. Close that window, and all your open windows, and then in the middle of the desktop right click your mouse, and select Paste. This will move the 7z folder to your desktop.

8. Open the 7z folder you just copied to your desktop

9. Open folder Util

10. Open folder CCC

11. Run the uninstall_L4

12. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

13. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools folder under all programs

14. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

15. Open the 7z folder, and then double click on the Setup.exe file which will be toward the bottom of the open window. Follow the on screen instructions to reinstall your printer.

Let me know what you find out?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hi MissPiggie,

Can you verify your model number of your printer for me please? I am unable to find Photosmart c110

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

To pcwizard re message #86:

ALMOST the same results as before when I had done the same procedure - can print from PC, can copy from front panel, cannot scan from the front panel, but can scan via software. The only difference - now I do not have HP Solution Center installed on my PC at all - it's simply not there. So I still cannot check my ink levels.

I do not understand why Solution Center did not install. Photosmart Essential and the Diagnostic Utility did install, but that's it.

HP Recommended
Hi pcwizzard, I followed your instructions from some else, same problem, that you told them what to do. I installed & uninstalled probably 5 times. Needless to say I worked on this stupid printer many hours, in the same day. I finally uninstalled all printers on my computer, followed your instructions again and TA DA, it works perfectly. Thanks again for answering my post. I will continue to look for you when I am in trouble. MissPiggie
HP Recommended
Thank you, Mr. HP Wizard. You have helped me every time I have a problem. With your help, my printer "Hp Solutions" is working again.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.