Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i do not see an option to add a second page or multiple pages to scan.  One one page and then save.  Am I missing something?

27 REPLIES 27
HP Recommended
Hello eriksmom, Please perform the below steps that should help you perform Multiple scan... 1> Load the first document to be scanned on the Scan Glass. 2> Click the Windows icon (Start ) > click All Programs >, click the HP folder, click the name of your printer, and then click HP Scan . . 3> The preview of the first document will be displayed , then 4> Remove the first document from the Scan glass and place the 2nd document on the Glass , then 5> on Computer , under scan application , on left , click on the "+" ( plus ) sign. Which will now display the preview of the 2nd document . 6> Repeat step (4) and step (5), untill you have scanned all the documents. 7> then Click on "Save" button, and save the scanned documents/pictures in a desired location. 8> Then Click on DONE to exit from the Scan Application. Regards, Jabzi Help the community by marking this post . < ----Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution! See a great post? Give it a Kudos! ----> I work for HP
Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

Hello eriksmom, Please perform the below steps that should help you perform Multiple scan...

1> Load the first document to be scanned on the Scan Glass.

2> Click the Windows icon (Start ) > click All Programs >, click the HP folder, click the name of your printer, and then click HP Scan . .

3> The preview of the first document will be displayed , then

4> Remove the first document from the Scan glass and place the 2nd document on the Glass , then

5> on Computer , under scan application , on left , click on the "+" ( plus ) sign. Which will now display the preview of the 2nd document .

6> Repeat step (4) and step (5), untill you have scanned all the documents.

7> then Click on "Save" button, and save the scanned documents/pictures in a desired location.

8> Then Click on DONE to exit from the Scan Application.

Regards,

Jabzi

Help the community by marking this post .

< ----Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!

See a great post? Give it a Kudos! ---->

I work for HP

Regards,
Jabzi

HP Recommended

What about from the scan function on the printer front panel? It's silly to assume a user is performing a single page scan just because a printer button is used.

HP Recommended
Are you scanning to a PDF or a JPG? PDF should give you options to add more pages, but JPG won't. The reason for this is PDF's are used mostly for documents, so there will most likely be more than one page. JPG's on the other hand are used more for photo's which are most likely only one page. If you want to save as a multi-page JPG, the only way I know how to do it is through the software like jabzi suggested. If the PDF option, isn't prompting you for more pages, then you might have a firmware problem. Hope this helps clear things up a bit.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for this solution.  It worked perfectly!

HP Recommended

can the  photosmart5520 or 6520 can scan multiple pages  to 1 document? If it is possible, are the explinations of other questions of the photosmart 6520 relevend to my question?

thank you

HP Recommended

Hello,

Yes, we can scan multiple pages to one document provided the File type during scan is selected as PDF .

Regards,
Jabzi

Help the community by marking this post .
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
See a great post? Give it a Kudos!
I work for HP

Regards,
Jabzi

HP Recommended

To Whom it may concern:

I just purchased a HP Photosmart 6520; I know how to scan 1 page at a time, but how do you scan multiple pages and if possible, how may pages can you do at a time?

Wolf10

HP Recommended

How do I save the multiple scanned pages to one document?

Wolf10

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.