Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

OK. Going to try this again.  When I was setting up my 8600, I had to enter a "printer name" and password.  I remembered the password, but not name.  How do I recover this or clear the NVRAM on this printer?  Now I need to set up scan to email and I get the above error message.  I need this for my business.  I fear that before too long, i will have no recourse but to return this printer for a refund or exchange for a non HP product (I have a Lexmark at work and it is infinately easier than this).  Thanks for any replies. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Everyone, 

Restore the network default settings on your product

Follow these steps to restore the network default settings on your HP product.
  1. From the home screen on the product control panel, touch the Right Arrow ( ), and then touch Setup . The Setup menu displays.
  2. Touch Network . The Network menu displays.
  3. Touch the Down Arrow ( ), and then touch Restore Network Defaults .
  4. Touch Yes to confirm your selection. The network default settings are restored on your product.

Let me know if you are able to access the EWS page?
I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

43 REPLIES 43
HP Recommended

Hi jimnyv_100,

Check the private message I sent, and let me know if this helps resolve the issue?

Make sure to write down the information when you set the security password and user name in the EWS for future reference.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

PCWIZARD...that did it!  Thanks a lot.  I am still getting the error message but it must be because I have to set up a network on my home system or something.  It allows me to email out to entered email addresses which is one of the problems I was experiencing before.  Again...thanks! 

HP Recommended

Hi jimnyv_100,

Glad to hear this resolved your issues. Let me know if you need any additional assistance.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

I am not able to access the "admin" area of my printer.  I do not remember the login id or password.  It sounds like this same issue, can you help me get this corrected?

HP Recommended

Hi jimjones6998,

What printer do you have?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

8600 Premium

HP Recommended

Hi jimjones6998,

Check the private message I sent, and let me know if this helps resolve the issue?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

okay,so this will sound dumb....how do I look at the private message 🙂

HP Recommended

Okay, I win the dummy award.  I found it.  Thank you!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.