Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi jimjones6998,

Ok, let me know if you are successfully able to reset the printer?

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Hi jimjones6998,

Check the private messages again for some new steps to try. Let me know what you find out?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hello, 

I have a similar problem with my HP8600. Suddenly the on-board EWS won't let me in - asking for a username and password to access Administrator functions; I ran into this when setting up Scan-to-Email, after having set up (almost) everything else successfully. Now the EWS won't let me back "in" to alter settings I made previously e.g. target folders for the Scan-to-Network-Folder function.

I have the password, but I cannot remember setting a username...if I did, I can't remember what it is, and have tried the likely possibilities.

HP Support is being responsive and helpful, but hasn't yet come up with an answer.

How can I reset or recover this?

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

HP Recommended

Hi rossgreen, 

Check the private messages again for some new steps to try. Let me know what you find out?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hi Everyone, 

Restore the network default settings on your product

Follow these steps to restore the network default settings on your HP product.
  1. From the home screen on the product control panel, touch the Right Arrow ( ), and then touch Setup . The Setup menu displays.
  2. Touch Network . The Network menu displays.
  3. Touch the Down Arrow ( ), and then touch Restore Network Defaults .
  4. Touch Yes to confirm your selection. The network default settings are restored on your product.

Let me know if you are able to access the EWS page?
I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Many thanks indeed!

Yes - that has fixed the issue. After using the Reset Network Settings per your suggestion, the EWS lets me in and I'm up and running again.

Regards,

Ross Green

HP Recommended

Hi rossmgreen, 

Glad to hear that resolved your issue. Have a wonderful day.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

It would be most helpful if the answer was public rather than in PMs. I too need to access the admin account and the printer (HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 plus) didn't blow out my standard admin credentials (no longer accepting them). How do we reset/regain the creds?

Thanks (in advance) for your help

HP Recommended

Hi 67Rally, 

Restore the network default settings on your product

Follow these steps to restore the network default settings on your HP product.
  1. From the home screen on the product control panel, touch the Right Arrow ( ), and then touch Setup . The Setup menu displays.
  2. Touch Network . The Network menu displays.
  3. Touch the Down Arrow ( ), and then touch Restore Network Defaults .
  4. Touch Yes to confirm your selection. The network default settings are restored on your product.

Let me know if you are able to access the EWS page?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Please send me the info on how to reset the passord on my 8600 printer

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.