Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP scanjet 3500c series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I was using Windows 7 as soon as I pressed the scan button on the front of the machine a window opened on the monitor requesting whether I wanted to preview or scan.  Now that I am using Windows 10 when I press the same button nothing happens.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @Michael991,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I noticed that you cannot scan with your HP Scanjet 3500c scanner on Windows 10, after upgrading. I am happy to look into this for you! 

According to this guide, Scanners not supported in Windows 10, this scanner is not supported on Windows 10. According to the Software and Drivers website, we only have drivers for: 

Windows 98

Windows ME

Windows 2000

Windows XP (32-bit)

Windows XP (64-bit)

Windows Vista (32-bit)

Windows Vista (64-bit)

You might be able to use the Windows Vista driver/or the Windows XP driver under compatibility mode. But it is not guaranteed to work. I would suggest either upgrading the scanner, or downgrading the Operating Operating System.

Best regards! Smiley Happy

“Please click the Thumbs up icon below to thank me for responding.”

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Please check out driverscape.com and search for HP 3500c.

Or just go here: http://www.driverscape.com/download/hp-scanjet-3500c-series

Be sure to download the zip file labeled as version 8.0.0.0 as the first one is a generic driver monitoring and upgrading application. (Not sure what it's doing) The one in the zip file should be extracted to a folder (I would recommend calling it by the name of the device, HP3500c or similar) then go to device manager by right clicking the Start button and selecting device manager. Look for your HP3500c in imaging devices. It should have a yield sign on it to indicate missing drivers. click update driver and select the location of the folder you made. It should install and work fine after that (in Windows 10).

I went through 6 or 7 site safety checking sites and all of them rated driverscape as safe, but you may want to check again to be sure it is still safe.

The zip file name I found the drivers in was:  ef8565e9a42aac8cdf29cfdeefdec096.zip

Kinda long, but it worked fine. Good luck!

HP Recommended

I had the same problems when I upgraded to Windows 10.  I tried downloading the file but when I went to install it, Windows 10 warned that one part of the file could be unsafe to install.    Giving my problem some more thought I discovered a way to use my hpsanjet 3500c with Windows 10 without downloading any new driver, etc.

Click on Start, then Settings, Devices - scroll to the bottom of the page where you will see Related Settings with Devices & Printers and Device Manager underneath that.  Click on Devices and Printers and the page will open to show all the devices on your computer.  Right Click on your hpscanjet 3500c.  A box will open with various options; at the top is Scan.  Have something in your scanjet to scan whether a document or picture, etc.   Click on scan and it will begin the scan.  You can then import it to a folder by saving it with a name.   Since I don't have a copier, I use this to scan a page for which I need a copy.  I save and import it to the Pictures folder as a jpg file.  This method also works for pictures that I want to scan to the computer.  It will give the folder the current date and the name you chose so you can go to the folder and print whatever you scanned.    The pictures can then put on a cd or dvd for transporting and making prints if you like.

HP Recommended

For the HP Scanjet 3500c Driver setup,  go on and select  DPinst64, run as administrator and install driver even on Win 10.

I have installed mine and worked fine.

HP Recommended

I just downloaded the zip file and everything works fine! Thanks for the link, it is much appreciated.

HP Recommended

http://pastebin.com/bxfYSv1Y

Here's a link to a driver that works great.
Download, unzip and install.

HP Recommended

Someone posted a so called linbk to get a scanner scanjet 3500c to work but it is in RUSSIA! Anyone trust this link???

HP Recommended

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Titalus wrote:

Please check out driverscape.com and search for HP 3500c.

Or just go here: http://www.driverscape.com/download/hp-scanjet-3500c-series

Be sure to download the zip file labeled as version 8.0.0.0 as the first one is a generic driver monitoring and upgrading application. The zip file name I found the drivers in was:  ef8565e9a42aac8cdf29cfdeefdec096.zip

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I always had problems with this device ever since Windows XP, which was the system that I had at the time of buying. But I always managed to find a driver that was working with my current system.

I finally reached to Windows 10, and this post helped me find the suitable driver again. I am always sceptical about downloading suspicious stuff from the net since I do not use anti-virus programs, but I trusted this file since it has only zip-packed drivers and no hidden exe, bat or any other executable app. Anyhow, I unpacked this zip file, directed Windows where to look for the driver and it installed the device immediately. It worked like a charm.

I have to thank to Titalus for finding this driver and helping us use our very fine and somewhat derelict device. 🙂

Cheers...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.