Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I got the Ink System Failure Error on an HP Photosmart 3210 All-In-One and tried a couple things that didn't work and that I didn't really understand. And then I happened upon this little gem and it instantly became my All-Time-Favorite-Tip-of-the-Day:

You hold down the "OK", "Cancel", "Black" and "Color" buttons on your printer all at once and then press "ON" (to turn it off). When you turn it back on it recalibrates and everything goes back to factory settings.  

I couldn't believe how easy it was, and it worked like a charm, so I just had to share it! Hope it works for you, too!!

:Wink:

HP Recommended

Sorry, I couldn't try it. I gave up and replaced the printer. Also my model was a C5180, different from yours.

HP Recommended

I just installed a new ink and received error code 0xc18a0201. What should I do?

Thank you,

Cyroos (Personal information removed)

HP Recommended

Error on HP C6180 was "FIXED" in less 15 min following the instructions of "kwm9012 posted on 9-13-2009

Take your time - follow each step as described. It will work - then copy instructions and tape to bottom of unit like i have done.

HP Recommended

fixed , thank to previous post

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.