Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 5530
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Somehow Instant Ink software has entered my computer and now interferes with my normal process of printing.  

I can get around the nag screens but it's a damned nuisance.

I never made any approach to or acceptance of this dastardly Instant Ink program.

I have searched my computer for its presence but can find no obvious site nor actionable way to purge it.  It's in there somewhere.

Would really welcome any helpful suggestions from  you knowledgables to restore my composure.  

(Printer is out of warranty so paying HP for help on this bold intrusion of theirs would be the ultimate irony)  

:^(

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @repoocld, I can help. What operating system and version do you have on your computer? 

Can you tell me when the message appear and what printer you have please? 

Cheers,
Lisa
 - HP Instant Ink Support

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Thanks for responding, Lisa.

WIN 10, 64 bit, Version 10.0

Envy 5530

Anytime printing is requested yields an Envy screen that says

Instant Ink

Press OK to connect prntr to update status  

Dismiss             OK

Touching Dismiss or OK allows printing to proceed, but problem recurrs at next request for printing

HP Recommended

Thanks. Were you enrolled in Instant Ink at some point? If so, please provide me with either you Instant Ink account or the email address you used to enroll. I ask that you do not post this information publicly, instead, send me a private message. 

How To Send A Private Message - https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Cheers,
Lisa
 - HP Instant Ink Support

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Lisa, you should have seen in my initial post that I never engaged Instant Ink in any way.  It just popped into my system.

HP Recommended

Hi @repoocld

Instant Ink is not software; it can't just enter your computer. My colleague was only seeking to diagnose the issue. 

I prescribe this cure-all for disabling printer notifications on your PC: 

Go to Devices and Printers (Start ->Devices and Printers).
Click on Print Server Properties (in the "toolbar" area above the list of devices).
Click on the Advanced Tab.
For a local printer:  Uncheck "Show Informational notifications for local printers".
For a network printer: Uncheck "Show Informational notifications for network printers".
Click OK.

Please let me know the result of your troubleshooting by responding to this post.  If I have helped you resolve the issue and you liked this post, feel free to give me virtual props by clicking on the 'Thumbs Up' icon below and accepting this solution.  

E-roq
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thanks for trying E-roq.

I did as directed, unchecking both boxes >>>>>>The Instant Ink problem remains unchanged when printing is requested

Restarted computer>>>>>>>>>problem remains

Intant Ink may not be software, but it surely must be code of some kind  that can be removed or resisted.

Surely I'm  not the only one having this problem.

HP is applying more and more intrusive, buggy stuff in our paths, making one want to flee HP altogether even after a long satisfactory experience.  Canon is probably no better but Brother and Epson may well be worth a try.

HP Recommended

Any images you attach are delayed by Mods' approval. The serial number is going to start with a TH / CN / or MY, if you don't mind hitting me back with a quick reply. 

- E-roq

E-roq
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Don't see anything of the form you cited, I-roq.

Here are some numbers that do appear on the label:

Regulatory Model No. SNPRH-1202 (preprinted)

CCAF12LP1T4046  (preprinted)

A9J40-80043  (This is not pre-printed like the others, is adjacent to a bar code, and does look to me like a S/N)

(The exterior doesn't show any numbers other than the ones on the label.)

Thanks for your engaging this, I-roq.  If you want to set it aside until the label image is accessible to you that's fine with me.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.