Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I went through the process of opening the Solution center, scan settings, Scan to...Setup.  I removed all items from the right side and clicked on the "Update the Device".  I went back to the Solutions center,scan setting, Scan to...Setup.  I added all of the items on the left and clicked "Update the Device". 

I have checked for updates.  None avaliable.

Still have the same problem

any ideas

HP Recommended

The only solution that has ever worked for anybody on this thread is to call HP Executive Relations and complain to them. They do have the power to make things right (they don't seem able to solve the problem, but are capable of making you happy)

Be courteous and lay out how much time and effort you have spent trying to solve this problem -- including this thread. Indicate that you are frustrated that nobody at HP actually cares enough to answer the simple question:

Is this problem being tracked in HP's internal bug tracking system?

This question has a Yes/No answer. There are obvious followup questions which depend on whether the answer is Yes or No.  [The more horrifying response would be that HP doesn't have a bug tracking system that covers printers...]

Philip

HP Recommended

Read messages 189 and 197 in this thread for a short-term fix.  Also see messages 191, 192 for a replacement solution.

HP Recommended

Where do I go to download the updates

HP Recommended

Worked Perfectly!!! Thanks!:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

Thank you for post, With my printer on,  I unplug my hp printer, plugged it back in and immediately it scanned to my printer.  Fixed

HP Recommended
Worked immediately,
HP Recommended
I unplugged my printer at the printer, plugged it back in, fixed
HP Recommended

upgrade LCD

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.