Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Initiating the scan from the computer does (typically) work. However, it is *extremely* inconvenient when the computer and the scanner are in different rooms. For this reason, HP provides a 'scan' button on the device. 

We just want this functionality to work. What is so hard about that?

HP Recommended

The man hours wasted by users on the LCD list problem must be frightening. Is anyone at HP listening????

HP Recommended

I've tried many of the solutions listed here and none of them worked. I think I've finally hit on one that does, though. I'm switching to a Dell computer.

HP Recommended

This is the only way I am able to scan. This is a pain however when the printer and computer are not close to each other. I gave up on all the other ways to fix it because they never seem to be a permanent fix and just waste time. My printer, HP Officejet 6500 Wireless might as well be connected to my PC given how close it is to it. This defeats the purpose of it being wireless and being able to locate it just about anywhere in my home/office. I use my Cannon MF4350D for all my black and white printing, which is connected by a USB cable.

My only solution to this problem is get rid of it or return it. If you purchased it at Costco, you can return it, but try to do it within the warranty period so they can send this overgrown paperweight back to HP and get credit. I ran out of ink and like a dummy purchased more cartridges for it (otherwise it would have gone back) and unfortunately like many others, just continue to live with an inept printer.

HP Recommended

That sounds good, but didn't work for me.

HP Recommended

I followed the instructions and it is still giving me the same error. The short cuts are always back on the left panel when I rescan.

HP Recommended

I've tried to scan a document from my HP Photoshop Premium to my laptop and continue to get a message that the LCD list needs tobe upgraded.  What do I need to do.

HP Recommended

Agreed.  Use the scan button in the Solution Center rather than the button on the printer.

HP Recommended

I think that it is pretty damning that nobody from HP has responded -- even just to indicate whether HP is tracking this issue as a bug or not. It shows a complete lack of concern about their customers. Of course, they are laying people off in large numbers (though I don't know whether it affects the printer groups), so maybe the employees don't care either.

HP Recommended

Hi

Our printer at work had this same issue. The way i solved it (not sure if it is temporary or not) was to go to the LCD panel on the printer. Then go to Settings/Preferences/Product Update it has currently made it work as usual again but unsure if it will last as i have only just done it.

Hope this helps

Xerafin 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.