Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Have all functions working correctly on Windows 7, except when I select more than one copy, only one copy prints.  Like it just ignores the number or copies requested.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Right after I posted it, I found the solution. Figure I'd post it here in case it help anyone else...

Select Start, then Printers

Right-click the LaserJet   printer icon and select Properties. 

Select the Device Settings tab.

Find the Mopier Mode and Job Storage settings.

Change the settings from Enabled to Disabled.

Click Apply and OK.

Try to print the job again.

Worked like a charm.  :generic:

View solution in original post

61 REPLIES 61
HP Recommended

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'd had the same problem when we first loaded Win7 and found a solution that actually worked. We just had to do a reformat of our PC and reinstall everything, and I'm back to where we started. I remember it had something to do with editing one of the computer's hidden files, but for the life of me, can't find the directions for it. 

HP Recommended

Right after I posted it, I found the solution. Figure I'd post it here in case it help anyone else...

Select Start, then Printers

Right-click the LaserJet   printer icon and select Properties. 

Select the Device Settings tab.

Find the Mopier Mode and Job Storage settings.

Change the settings from Enabled to Disabled.

Click Apply and OK.

Try to print the job again.

Worked like a charm.  :generic:

HP Recommended

This solution worked for me. Thanks! I Googled this problem and found LOTS of people have same problem. Disappointed that so much of the info that appears to come from HP does not address (i.e., fix the problem.) I now always check Google for technical questions, because so many technical sites and the people they hire (in India, and elsewhere) are not up to the task, and usually someone, like you, posts the right answer!

:generic:

HP Recommended

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!  I have been searching and waiting for this solution ever since purchasing my new windows 7 computer. 

HP Recommended

Ditto!  Thanks for the Mopier hint.  I've been struggling with this for 6 months and that did the trick.

HP Recommended

This worked for me too except I had to add a step.  I work for a university and our computers are shared on a server.  I had to click on the Change Properties button on the bottom before it would allow me to change the Mopier Mode and Job Storage settings.  The rest worked like a charm.  Thanks so much!

HP Recommended

I've followed the instructions for Mopier Settings but when I get to device settings, the only thing that drops down is "installed options" and when I click on that, nothing opens. Not sure if this is protected? Why won't this work for me?  Is there something else I can do?  I have the HP photosmart C5550 All in One

HP Recommended

WORKED!!!  You're the best!!!  Thanks!

HP Recommended

**bleep** is a Mopier?  Your solution worked for me also.  Many thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.