Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Judson41

I would download and run the Print and Scan Doctor to fix common printing problems.
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02073861

I would recommend to uninstall and reinstall the printer software if that doesn't help. The Software driver is probably corrupted.

Here is the link for the newest drivers.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=bi-80329-8&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

Hope that helps.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thanks but none of these solutions work. I reinstalled the drivers and I downloaded the hp scan/print doctor. I ran the print doctor first and nothing changed. When I tried the update windows driver, I get the message that this printer is not supported by this wizard. I guess I will just have to print one copy at a time. I appreciate the help you have tried to give me.

HP Recommended

Hi Gemini02

I use:

hp laserjet 1020 (product No: Q5911A)

Operating system: W7Pro Eng x32 SP1 

Trying to enable multiple copies on hp Laserjet 1020, following the steps : " Select Start, then Printers, Right-click the LaserJet   printer icon and select Properties. Select  the Device Settings tab .Find the Mopier Mode and Job Storage settings.Change the settings from Enabled to Disabled."  

But I can not find " the device settings" tab ! And untill now didnot get a solution !

Thanks...

HP Recommended

HI whydo

I understand you are not able to print multiple pages.

The previous post was for the CP2025 printer. It would have different settings then the Laserjet 1020.

When you open a application, then go file, print, on that window is the option to set 1 or 2 number of pages to be printed .  Not in the HP printer driver.

numberofcopies print window screen shot.png

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

As I have stated in the past I have a laserjet 1606n HP. I have done everything and I mean everything to get it to print more than one copy. I have used all your suggestions and nothing, nothing works. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, loaded new drivers and nothing works. I am very disappointed. I have received numerous suggestions from others also and nothing has worked. 

HP Recommended

Hi Judson41

I understand you are unable to print more then one page at a time.

I installed the P1606dn on one of the Laptops running Win7 64 bit by USB connection.

I went file, print, on that window I selected 2 for the number of pages to be printed. Printed the same page twice.

Then I went by the manual and changed the settings.

Change the number of print copies with Windows
1. Open the printer driver, click the Properties or Preferences button, and then click the Advanced tab.
2. In the Copies area, use the arrow buttons to adjust the number of copies.
If you are printing multiple copies, click the Collate check box to collate the copies.
3. Click the OK button.

Only printed one page.

With all the settings still set, I then went to file, print, on that window I selected 2 for the number of pages to be printed. Printed the same page twice.

Sorry I am not sure why you aren't able to print multiple copies.

The only other thing I could suggest is to do a msconfig to turn off any start up programs that might be interfering.
Win7
Click on start, in search box type in run, enter, then type in msconfig, click ok.
Click the Services tab.
Click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box.
Click Disable All, and then click OK.

Then click on the start up tab at the top.
Click on disable all.
Reboot the computer.
Turn off any antivirus software.

Try it again.

Then go back into msconfig and enable the All Microsoft Services and enable all on the start up tab. Turn the Antivirus software back on again.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

No Mopier settings for the Laserjet MFP13191 MFP can not print multiple copies

HP Recommended

Hi jimcat

I understand you want to make multiple copies when copying.

I will be happy to assist you with this.

I checked the copy settings and there is a option for multiple copies on number 3 with this unit. I have provided the menu under copy on the printer.

1. Default Quality
  2. Def. Light/dark
  3. Def. # of copies (Range: 1-99)
  4. Def. Reduce/Enlrg
    • Original=100%
    • A4->Ltr=94%
    • Ltr->A4=97%
    • Full Page=91%
    • 2 pages/sheet
    • 4 pages/sheet
    • Custom:25-400%
    •  

Hope this helps.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

No that is not correct.. I am trying to use the PRINT function to PRINT multiple copies. It used to work, I have uninstalled this printer and re-installed using the latest driver from HP.. still will only PRINT one copy of a document even though I tell the PRINTER to print 2 or more

HP Recommended

Hi jimcat

Thanks for clarifying that you are trying to print multiple prints.

Since you don't have the option for Mopier mode on Win 7 then you could try  these fixes to see if this will work for you.

Method 1

Go to start, devices and printers, right click the printer and left click printer properties.
Click on the advanced tab, Enable an option named "Print directly to the printer", apply.

Method 2

Click on start button and click on Devices and Printers.
Right-click on printer and select printer properties.
Under Advanced tab. Remove check mark for Advanced printing features, apply.

Method 3

Go the Program's Print menu and instead of using the "Copies" box, use
"Properties/Advanced/Paper Output/Copy Count" and change this to the number of copies wanted then run the print job but don't forget to return to this menus and change it back to "1" as it will continue to use the new amount set.

I hope this resolves your printing multiple prints.
Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.