Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I too have had the same issue for a couple of weeks now immediately after  firmware update for M1212nf.  Luckily I don't have to depend on printing work documents from my home office. My printer is not network connected and is stuck  in initialization mode.  I've spent spare time searching for a solution to no avail.  I've tried hard resets but still stuck in looping Initializing mode....

Has anyone found a solution that works?  I am at wits end with this issue.

HP Recommended

Hi Fresh4,

Please check your private messages

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

to all the users that have recieved a private message or who is wondering...

all the message says is to try everything which i'm sure you've already tried, and then if your printer is under warranty to contact HP, but we all know the printer is not under warranty. And if not under warranty, to call paid HP support, which will not be able to fix the problem either. so then you've wasted your time, your money and you are even more frustrated than before.

we all know what the problem is, and that is was caused by faulty software from HP's own driver package. and so far PCwizard has not shown anyone any kind of clue that he/she is indeed a wizard, or even a birthday party magician.

HP Recommended

Hi Everyone,

If you have posted on the forums about this issue you will find  I have recently sent a private message to each one of you, and this has nothing to do with more troubleshooting. If you have not already posted to the forum about this issue please reply to this thread to let me know you are having problems.

Please review the updated private message send to you in the last couple weeks. I would like to hear back from each and every one of you that has received a private message from me in order for me to resolve this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions.

In the private messages sent out I am asking to make contact with you either by phone or email. This information is private and should not be given out over the open forum pages. Please review the private message I have sent you in order for me to help resolve the issue at hand. This has nothing to do with in warranty or out of warranty as everyone on this thread got the same private message that you have gotten from me. Please get back to me as soon as possible.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

pcwizard (HP):

I got your private message nothing but asking whether the problem was solved or not.

The problem of initializing loop is not solved by HP after so many complaints and for so long.

Does HP care to solve this problem?

Does HP support team want to solve the problem for so many customers who were unable to use their printer for months?

HP certainly has an ability to fix the problem but why not doing so?

HP Recommended

Hi Ron_88

I show you haven't read my last message to you on 08-22-2013 12:51 PM. Can you please check the message, and get back with me.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

If you are trying to update the firmware and getting an error message regarding enabling/disabling the RFU, please try this as it worked for me:

1. Connect the printer to the network(must be an admin).

2. Connect the printer to a computer(in my case a Windows 7 workstation).  Wait for it to grab an IP or install it with the

CD driver that came with the printer.  (you might need to manually assign an IP)

3. Download and run the firmware updater (LJM1130_M1210_M1217_FW_Update_Security).

4. After the update finishes running, go to 'Devices and Printers' and make sure the printer is the default and it is not  

grayed out.  Also make sure 'Use printer offline' is uncheck.

5. Print a test page; if it prints turn off and on / reboot your computer and print a test page again.  If it prints then the

issue is solved.

---------------------------------------

*6.  If you wish you can now try to connect the printer locally by changing port to USB in printer properties. ( I have yet

to try this but ideally it should work.)

Let me know if this solves the problem you are having.

HP Recommended
HPest, you have to read all the comments and again you didn't have the problem we speak of here. It was mentioned several times in the 11 pages that not only are our printers useless, we cannot install anything or uninstall. So if you can, you have a different problem.
HP Recommended

Hi que4dog,

Have you had a chance to review messages i have sent to you?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

que4dog, I had multiple problems with this printer.  To solve the problems I have to update the firmware as  it says on the subject. 

First, it would print at the initial install via local USB but when pc was rebooted, the print job stays in que.  To solve this, I tried to update the firmware but the updater couldn't work because the 'RFU' or remote firmware updater was not enabled.  I tried to enable the RFU in the printer setup but cannot find where it is.  I tried downloading the 'jetadmin' to configure the RFU as an alternative but that didn't work. 

I then tried to network the printer and got it to print on multiple tries.  I then ran the firmware updater and was successful without a problem. 

If you are having a problem with just the frimware update then it wouldn't hurt to try to network the printer and then try the firmware updater.  The only way to solve most of this problem is to  update the firmware.  If you cannot install/uninstall then  you are having pc issues, not the printer.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.