Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

LaserJet CP1525nw on Windows 7 (64bit)

I  can't access my menu options on my printers LCD,  I choose "Setup menu" --> "Network Setup" and it says "Menu access is disabled" how can I change it? 
My printer cant connect my wireless network, I printed Network sumarry and my SSID is different then my computers, but i cant change it on my printer. I also tried to install  full software for this printer on my computer but it also won't let me connect my wireless network (although it sees it). 

in one word: HELP, anybody?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hey laserjetgirl,

It sounds like the device has had some menu options locked, possibly through the embedded web server (EWS), and can be fixed by resetting the device to factory defaults.  I will provide the steps to access this option in the menu of the printer.

• Open Ok to open the Menus section of the printer
  • Press the right arrow to Service menu and press Ok
  • Press the right arrow until you see Restore Defaults and press Ok

If this option does not fix the issue or is not allow due to service menu being locked, then I have the information for performing a Cold Reset to this printer.  I will send these steps to you in a private message.  Please read Bob_Headrick's thread on printer resets, found here, prior to performing these steps.

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hi, my CP1525nw printer is displaying the MENU ACCESS IS DISABLED, no matter what I try to do, nothing will enable me to get past it. I am very interested the COLD reset to recify this problem/issue....

HP Recommended

Hi @SiliconChip ,

I see that you need the reset for the printer. I would be happy to help you.

I can send you that information in a private message.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I have similar problem. Please, help me too with my printer HP CP1525N. I mean - "Cold Reset".

HP Recommended

Hi @acticub,

I see that you need the reset for the printer. I can help you.

If you appreciate my efforts, please click the Thumbs up button below.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

@Gemini02 Can You plz send me the Soultion in PM cause I'm facing the same issue here 

HP Recommended

Hi @SivProg,

If you appreciate my efforts, please click the 'Thumbs up' button below. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

@Gemini02 I have meet the same question. Could U give me the soultion in a PM?

HP Recommended
I am havimg the same problem as well. Can you send me the solution i need to reset. Thankyou in advance
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.