Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am running the OfficeJet  6500 E710 n-z and using the wireless feature. Currently using Windows 7. Until getting a new internet service, which meant a new router I had no issues. Now it prints randomly and the scanner no longer can see the printer on my laptop (also an HP). The router is through the Phone Co (Centurylink) and it's called a Q1000. I've gone through most of the processes to try and fix this issue w/o success. It wouldn't even let me uninstall the program so I tried to repair it...no longer sure where the problem lies. Suggestions??????

HP Recommended

Yeah ISP-issued routers are, well, not the best.  These forums are full of issues because of them.

I recommend setting a static IP address for the printer:

- Print a Network Config Page from the front of the printer. Note the printer's IP address.
- Type that IP address into a browser to reveal the printer's internal settings.
- Choose the Networking tab, then Wireless along the left side, then the IPv4 tab.
- On this screen you want to set a Manual IP. You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range). If you do not know the range, change the last set of numbers (those after the last '.') to 250
- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different, if so, use that)
- Enter your router's IP (on the Network Config Page) for the gateway.
- Enter 8.8.8.8 for the first DNS and 8.8.4.4 for the second DNS. This is Google DNS. You can choose another external DNS if you wish.
- Click 'Apply'.

Now, shut down the router and printer, start the router, wait, then start the printer.

After this you may need to redo 'Add a Printer' using the new IP address.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

my HP Officejet 6500 E709N wireless printer will not print after Comcast changed router.  My compaq laptop works fine. What can I do?

HP Recommended

Most likely you just need to reconnect the printer to the network.  

To connect the printer to the network:

1. Press the Setup button on the printer.  
  2. Press the right arrow until you see Network Setup on the screen, then press OK.  
  3. Press the right arrow until you see Wireless Setup Wizard on the screen, and press OK.  
  4. The Wireless Setup Wizard will start and guide you through finishing the connection.  

Once the printer is on the new network, you will need to print a network configuration page, and point the computer to the new IP address of the printer.  

To print a Network Configuration page:

1. Touch the Setup button on the printer.
  2. Touch the right arrow until you see Network Setup on the screen, then press OK.
  3. Touch the right arrow until you see Print Network Configuration Page on the screen, and press OK.
  4. The Network configuration page will print.

To point the computer to the printer's new IP address:

1. Click the Start menu.
  2. Click on All Programs.
  3. Select the HP folder.
  4. Select the folder for your printer.
  5. Select Update IP.
  6. The Update IP Address window will open and ask for the printer's IP address.
  7. Enter the number next to IPv4 on the Network Configuration Page into the box.  Make sure to include the dots between the numbers.
  8. Click OK.

The  printer should now be back on the network, and your computer should be able to find it.  Let me know what happens.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.