Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

When I enter my proxy information for username, the EWS will not accept it.  It seems to be because I am entering my domain before my user name.  I have to enter the domain before my user name since the proxy server routes people from both domains.  See pic.

EWS-Error-Message.gif

HP Recommended

That picture that you sent did not come through on the forum. Could you send that as a jpeg instead of a gif file? That would increase the ability of it to load to the forum? 

Just to let you know, this printer is a consumer grade printer, it is not intended for  networks with the level of complexity that your company has in use.

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
HP Recommended

I am completely lost in trying to set up eprint. I purchased teh HP Officejet Pro 8600 2 days ago.

I have read all the help in this string but I'm not technical and don't understand.

I have my home laptop and my office laptop connected to the printer-printing either wirelessly or thru a USB connection.

I am now trying to set up eprint. I took the network configuration page that was printed. I have entered the Proxy Server as my IP address .  There is no where on the Network Configuration  page that states what my Proxy Server Port is . How do i get that information- please- non technical terms.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi PAS60,

Welcome to the HP ePrint Support.  I understand that you would like to know how to resolve the proxy error message preventing you from getting your ePrint feature set up on your Officejet 8600.  No worries, I'll do my best to make it as user friendly as possible.

Thank you for letting me know that the printer is connected to your wireless network.  That is always the first hurdle. Please follow the steps below:

1. Please enter the ip address into the address bar of your browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari, etc).  My screen shots below are Safari but the location of everything is the same regardless of the browser.  This brings up the embedded web server for your printer.

Screen Shot 2014-01-17 at 8.20.50 AM.png

2. Please click on the network tab.  You should see the Network Summary for your printer. Please click on IPv4 along the left hand side menu.

Screen Shot 2014-01-17 at 8.21.14 AM.png

3. Please click on the radial button beside "Manual IP" then click on "Suggest a Manual IP Address" button.  The Manual IP Address, Manual Subnet Mask and Manual Default Gateway should populate for you.  Please click on the 'Manual DNS Server' radial button.  Please enter 8.8.8.8 for the Manual Preferred DNS Server and 8.8.4.4 for the Manual Alternate DNS Server.

Screen Shot 2014-01-17 at 8.22.27 AM.png

4. Please click on 'Apply'.  If you get a warning message about changing the ip address please click 'OK'.

5. Please turn the printer off by the printer's power button. Please wait a minimum of 15 seconds and then turn the printer back on.

6. Please press the ePrint icon in the upper left hand corner of the printer's front panel. This should prompt you to accept the terms of service. Please choose 'Accept'.

7. When prompted about the automatic updates please choose 'Yes'.  The printer should now show the HP logo while the printer communicates with the HP servers.  The Web Services information sheet should print with the claim code for your printer.

I hope the steps were clear, concise and easy to follow.

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Thanks to happytohelp01 my printer is now working. This solution fixed my problem. I was getting pretty frustrated and was about to return the printer until I saw this post.
HP Recommended

Same Problem here.

tried the solution...

NOT working for me.

asking for proxy...

what proxy?

HP Recommended

My printer has been working well with both the Toshiba laptop & my ipad. ATT had to replace the modem. Now, neither device will print.  The message is"the printer must be connect to the internet." and "eprint status not connected". I have tried turning off the modem & the printer. didn't work. The next message is that it needs the IP address of the printer. What is that & where do I fiind it?

HP Recommended

Totally worked for my 8625 and i thank you very much !!

seems that it is a frustrating problem for us neophites

HP Recommended

Dear Mr. Master,

I found an interesting bug in the HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 software/firmware that runs the machine.  That is the cause for me getting unable to connect.

My ISP is AT&T who is providing U-verse a.k.a. POTS (plain old telephone service).  Not surprisingly I have constant complaints about the variance of the speed they provide.

A few days ago my HP OJP 8600 could no longer connect to my new MacBook Pro.  I logged into the GUI of the printer.  The only thing that stuck out was the printer had retained a "Domain Name" from it's connection to the router.  In this case the printer was showing "attlocal.net" in the Domain Name.   Being one to verify everything I went to the router to corraborate the Doman Name.

The Domain Name on the router is "sbcglobal.net."  It seems that the kind folks at AT&T put me on a different server trying to get me some speed consistency.

I spent the next day:

1. Restoring the printer to factory defaults, only to find there are many, many, settings the printer keeps and does NOT reset to factory.

2. I unistalled the HP printer software and drivers using the HP unistall program.   When I reinstalled the HP "all in one" package I was surprised again to find so many of the settings already filled in for me.  So we know the HP unistall software really DOES NOT unistall the printer.

3.  I uninstalled the HP software and drivers a second time.  Then I installed the HP Update package from Apple by itself.  The Apple - HP software doesn't seem to care about Domain Names being mismatched and it connected to printer just fine.

With the addition of the second tray and the duplex this is really a fine printer for home use.  It is too slow and big, and the printer's radio is too tiny a unreliable to serve as an wireless access point for an office.

After I got my printer working I connected an ethernet cable from the router to the printer.  That turns off the wireless radio on the printer, but uses the router's built in Wi-Fi duplex radios to do the I/O to the printer.  The result is much faster and reliable.

I look forward to the day that HP invests some effort in getting their printer software working correctly.  I think the adolescent attempt at the HP utility is a good first start, but not for a production release system.

Maybe it really is time to switch back from the "off shoring of software and support."  I am not going to waste my time any more trying to understand a fast talking Asian accent, whose first question is: "would you mind if I screen share your computer."

HP Recommended

I followed you directions to a tee and to no avail. I get an error message which states: an error has occured, click OK to go back.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.