Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8630
Windows 7

The printer cuts off images to the right and bottom. The picture shows as it should be in MS word and Power Point and in print preview. However, when printed the image is enlarged, resulting in the right and bottom portions of the image cut off. (The image dimensions remain unchanged).  See images below for examples.

For clarity and troubleshooting, two software attempts  were made (MS word and Power Point) with the same result. The problem is not the MS software. (Also, I just bought the printer and did not have this problem with my older HP printer.) Also many setting changes were made within MS word, with the same result. The image looks as it should on the screen and in print preview, yet the printing result is wrong.  The margins were checked and the images are well within the margins.   

HP Print and Scan Doctor was downloaded yesterday, the diagnostic run, and still no improvement. 

Original image, shown in top corner of page.

Capture.JPG

Printer result, image cut off at right and bottom.

Capture2.JPG

Any suggestions or a fix?

42 REPLIES 42
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Sorry to hear that you are having this issue. There is one setting in the driver which you can check. Its called Preserve Layout. Make sure that it is set to Yes. 

You can find this setting here: Start>Devices and Printers>Your printer driver>

Right click and go to Printer Preferences>Advanced>

You should see something like this:

preserve_layout.png

Cheers!

I work for HP.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Welcome to our forum!

As your discription, maybe you can cut the image and sava as JPG format. As my personal thinking, if the problem is solved, then it could be with Microsoft office, then you can update your Mircrosoft. If the problem is still there, the issue could be with the software, you can update your software.

Here is the link for HP software:

HP Officejet Pro 8630 e-All-in-One Printer series Full Feature Software and Drivers

Hope it is helpful.

Best Regards

Wendy

I work for HP, but I am speaking for myself, not HP.
HP Recommended

Thanks Ashu B,

The Preserve Layout option is 'greyed out' and can't be changed from NO.  Any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

Wendy and Ashu B,

I installed the latest driver as suggested by Wendy. The Preserve layout option is still greyed out and can't be changed from No.

Capture3.JPG

HP Recommended

Hello, 

I dont have a very good answer for you, but i found out that this feature is turned ON for this driver when the job is duplex (2 sided).  As a workaround, will you be able to try and share if that works for you?

Additionally, if possible, can you share the image which you are trying to print, paper size and type? I will try to troubleshoot and check if I can guide you better. 

Regards, 

I work for HP.
HP Recommended

Ashu_B: Changed printer settings to duplex, and the preserve layout was Yes (default). However, the same result, the images are cut off at the right and bottom.

How can I send you a sample document?

HP Recommended

Hello, 

I have sent you a private message, you can attach your file in that and send it acorss. I will check it out and get back ASAP.

Regards, 

I work for HP.
HP Recommended

I have the same problem---8620  cuts off right and bottom.

I went to the Printer Features--Advanced-- and found a "no" by the Preserve layout. BUT it is in fainter type and it does not let me change to a YES.

I am nearly ready to call this printer a losser.

Emil

HP Recommended

Sorry, my printer is 8620.

I am really displeased.

Emil

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.