Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Wow, I don't know if any of you have tried calling HP support before but I just had a very disturbing call with one extremely frustrating "customer service" rep. When I began to tell him about my problem with the sleep mode, I mentioned that it was a well-documented problem on the HP support forum, and he cut me off mid-sentence and told me that not only are the people on here idiots, but that they (we) have no clue about what's going on. When I pointed out that that wasn't true, and that there are actual HP administrators on these boards, he said that there is a solution to the sleep mode problem, and then in a very patronizing fashion began to tell me about the Windows patch that already exists. So I then cut him off and told him that I knew all about the Windows patch, and that was precisely why I was calling--I don't have a Windows machine to install it! I then asked to be sent to his supervisor, and I've now been on the phone on hold for 10 minutes and nothing. Obviously I don't expect to get to that supervisor. 

If anyone from HP that cares about customer service reads this, you should know what an abhorrent reputation your company has earned of late. I am fully aware that customer service reps get yelled at all day, and patience must wear thin. But to treat EVERY caller with the same curt, rude manner, and to paint us all with the same brush is not only perplexing, it's downright maddening. 

I know one thing...when it comes time to buy a new printer (as in tomorrow morning) I will be looking at every other competitor's products. Not one more dollar will be committed to HP. I can only surmise that there are countless others out there just like me who are fed up with this elitist corporate attitude and only too happy to punish the ivory towers with their wallets. 

HP, if you've been watching the news lately, it's a vastly different world out there. You need every customer and you should treat them with the utmost respect because those dollars won't flow as freely ever again. I for one will make sure that over my lifetime you will never see another penny.  

HP Recommended
Wow -- I don't know what to say.

I'm gathering all of the astonishing advice as well as your report on inappropriate behaviour from our support personal. I participate in a weekly internal support meeting where we review customer calls. I'll certanily discuss your recent experience.

Sorry about this.
Regards / Jim B / Wireless Enthusiasts
( While I'm an embedded wireless systems engineer at work, on this forum I do not represent my former employer, Hewlett-Packard, or my current employer, Microsoft )
+ Click the White Kudos star on the left as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
HP Recommended

Greetings

Wanted to give everyone a heads up that the dedicated solution for Mac environments has finally been released from testing, delivered to web publishing and should be available for download off the web tonight but definitely by tomorrow April 17. As soon as I see it out there I will publish the links for it on this forum.

Again my apologies on HP's behalf for this taking so long and many thanks to all of you who have been patiently waiting for this to be released.

In the meantime you can check the following links to see if has shown up although they should be appearing on all of the 44xx and 45xx series software download pages.

HP Photosmart C4435 All-in-One Printer: 

HP Photosmart C4580 All-in-One Printer: 

regards,

Message Edited by DaniW on 04-16-2009 04:20 PM
I worked for HP.
HP Recommended
HP Recommended
How long does this firmware update take?  It's been running on my Mac for over an hour and it still isn't complete.  I have a C4580.
HP Recommended

The update process takes less than 10 minutes.

I think you should try again.

Regards / Jim B / Wireless Enthusiasts
( While I'm an embedded wireless systems engineer at work, on this forum I do not represent my former employer, Hewlett-Packard, or my current employer, Microsoft )
+ Click the White Kudos star on the left as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
HP Recommended

I unplugged my printer and killed the update program after about an hour and a half.  Plugged printer back in, ran the update tool again, it said the new firmware was on the printer.  I ran the firmware update again just for good measure and it completed successfully.  I took the printer off my Airport Extreme via USB and enabled the printer's native wireless and haven't had any hangs yet (crossing fingers it will keep working).

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Thanks Jason for letting us know

Good luck!

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended
Sorry to say, firmware upgrade has not solved the unresponsiveness of the HP c4580. How does it work for others.
HP Recommended
Over a week since I upgraded and switched my C4580 back to using it's built-in wireless, and it hasn't frozen a single time since.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.