Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HPEnvy7640
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My printer was working perfectly fine.  All of a sudden my computer can't connect to the printer anymore, and it can't find the printer during a search.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software, turned the printer, router and computer on and off, made sure the printer and computer are logged onto the same network, disabled the firewall, and everything else the print and scan doctor told me to do.  What else can I do to fix this problem?

35 REPLIES 35
HP Recommended

What IP does the printer have?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

HP Recommended

Are you able to access the EWS by inputing the printer IP into your browser?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I get the message that the page can't be reached.  Btw, I don't know what EWS stands for. lol

HP Recommended

Embedded Web Server > EWS.

What IP does your computer have?

HP Recommended

How do I find my computers IP?  I'm running Windows 10.

HP Recommended

Click in the search box in the lower right and type cmd

Click the Command Prompt match or hit enter

Type ipconfig at the command prompt and hit enter

Your IP information is displayed and labeled accordingly.

HP Recommended

I'm sorry, I can't find the search box in stupid windows 10, which I hate.  All I can pull up is Cortana search box which doesn't do anything.  Can you help me?

HP Recommended

Windows key + r

then enter cmd

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.