Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I recently purchased a windows 8 computer. I have successfully downloaded the new driver for my PSC 750, but everytime I try nto print anything I get a message on my computer that says PRINTER IS IN ERROR STATE. I have no idea what this means or what I need to do to fix it, can anyone helpme please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank for that - it seems that I am a total dork - the **bleep** thing wasn't connected.

The USB had come out when I moved the computer to the back of my desk!

Doh!

View solution in original post

65 REPLIES 65
HP Recommended

Did you install the driver from Windows Update?

Also, If you are still receiving that error message, here is what I would try first.

Shut down your computer first.

Next, with the printer still powered on, unplug it either from the back of the printer or from the wall.

Wait 30 seconds and plug the printer back in. 

Once the printer is back on, turn your computer back on.

Try to print now and let me know if you are still receiving the same error message.

Best of luck,

Kyle

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

I've tried the unplug/plug solution and still no luck! 😞  I've even tried attaching an ethernet cable instead of using the wireless and STILL printer in error state  😞   ugh!

HP Recommended

Hi akeim1,

I understand you are having issues with an error on your HP printer. I'm sorry to hear you're having this issue, but I'd like to help you resolve it!

I just need to know, what printer is it you are working with?

Once I have that information I should be able to find you some steps to try. Hope to hear from you soon!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Good afternoon,
I have the same problem and I tried many things but not one helps and so my wireless printer is always in an errore state.
The model is Hp envy 5532

Can I have some help?

Thanks

Silvia
HP Recommended

Hello silvia75. I understand your printer is in an error state. I need to know what the specific error message is to assist you. In the meantime, try following these steps:

1. While the printer is on, disconnect the power cord.

2. Hold down the power button for 10 seconds.

3. Plug the power cord into a direct wall outlet, then plug it into the printer.

4. Turn it on and try to use.

Let me know if this troubleshooting resolved the issue or not. I'm only here to help!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Doesn't work.

HP Recommended

I solved the problem but purchasing a Brother printer- haven't had an issue since! 🙂

HP Recommended

just bought an new h p computer but it keeps my printer is an error state i have a kodak ESP3250 WHICH WORK GREAT ON MY LAST COMPUTER

HP Recommended

HELP:::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I'm having the same problem with my 3600n printer.  Working fine for a few days after installing in new computer running Windows8, now I'm getting this "error state" message on the computer.  The screen on the printer tells me it's ready, so the problem must be at the compouter.

I'ver tried restarting the print spooler - the menu there tells me the spooler is running, also I've been down the unplugging route........

Please, please - what next, your advice would be very nuch appreciated.

Is it relevant that there are no dedicated drivers for this printer on Windows 8?   Actually, that begs the question "Why not?" - still, that's another issue.

Please, please - what next, your advice would be very nuch appreciated.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.