Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I had two computers up on my "printers".  I deleted one, and that seemed to fix the problem.   I did keep using the same one to print, but for some reason, it was confusing to my computer to have 2.  Fixed, for now!!!

HP Recommended

All these "solutions" sound great,  but none of them have worked for me. I continue to get the error message "printer is in error state" and unplugging and then plugging the print back in only solved part fo the problem. Now it will print text pages, but it will NOT print anythign in .jpg, .gif, , etc. format -- in other words, it will not print pictures. 

I assume this is just another problem with Windows 10, which I detest. Not only do only a few hardware attachments work (scanner, printer, etc. don't work), but it also lost several valuable folders, such as my pictures folder that contained about 10,000 photographs. Luckily, I had them backed up on an external hard drive, but why can't Bill Gates make an upgrade that works?

HP Recommended
All I ever see are thumbs down,rightfully so,I never got help. Asked a few times how to fix hp printer MissingAppTray error....no help ever!!! Just going to uninstall and go buy different brand printer.DONE thumbs down!
HP Recommended

just upgraded to windows 10, even though I was happily using my computer with no problems.

Now I have a problem, cannot get printer to work. the computer recoglises my printer and the printer says WiFi connected.

have downloaded two different drivers that were sugested without sucsess and spent hrs thinking that I will solve the problem but at 71 yrs I can't waste any more time.

Can someone please help.

HP Recommended

I looked in the devices and printer in my control panel.

I saw that there were two HP Printers listed  as HP printer 1 copy and a copy 2 HP printer. I only installed one printer.

I made copy 2 HP printer at my default printer, because the error stated " printer in error state" was the copy 1 HP printer.

That fixed my issue. I hope this helps somebody.

HP Recommended

HP officejet pro 8600 

printer in error stte

HP Recommended

what is an error state on hp6600

HP Recommended

I have been having the same trouble and tried various things, and none worked. I did your recommendation last night and it worked. Thanks SATexan

HP Recommended

My hp deskjet 2540 comes up with Printer in error. How do I correct this?

HP Recommended

HP 8600 - several others have also indicated problems with this model

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.