12-10-2016 12:20 PM
Thanks for reaching out. I'd like to help 🙂
It looks like a scanner failure issue with the printer. This particular issue can be caused when the printer is not getting enough power to perform a scan. Try the following steps:
- · With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- · Remove USB cable, if present.
- · Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- · Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- · Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.
Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance. Thank you!
Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!
I am not an HP Employee
02-08-2017 11:55 AM
I was having the same problem whenever i chose to scan or print a copy in color with my HP Officejet Pro 8600 buti tried this and it worked. Now it scans and prints in color again. Saved me from replacing the printer, and the officejet printers are not cheap.
02-13-2017 06:28 AM
Glad to know that the issue has been resolved..
--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"