Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just sent you a private message with the steps, I hope it helps!

Best of luck,

Kyle

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Last week I used the scan to email facility on my HP5520 printer with no problem at all, now it repeatedly comes up with error message "Server Connection Error 403".

There is no problem with the internet, I have tried unplugging the printer from both sockets as advised on your site and also resetting the printer, following the instructions on the forum.

The printer is about 6 months old and has worked well until now.  Is there anything else I can try or should I return it and exchange for a new one.

All advice welcome!

HP Recommended

If you would like, I could private message you the reset steps that I can't post in the forum. They have worked well for others, so it is worth a shot. if it doesn't work, you always have the option to call in and speak with support at 1-800-474-6836 if you are in the United States. If you are outside of the United States, you can go to the website I have linked below to find the support number for your country.  Since your printer is only 6 months old, it should still be in its one year factory warranty period, which covers software and hardware support. 

Best of luck,
Kyle
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended
I'm also facing similar problem. Can you kindly send me the instructions to resolve this problem. Thanks.
HP Recommended

Hello, I have exactly the same problem as the other persons with the error 403 and 'the scan to mail' function. I tried everything without success

Can you also send me the steps for a partial reset on my private mail

thanks

HP Recommended

I just sent you both a private message with the steps.

Best of luck,

Kyle

Signature
HP Recommended

Hi Kyle

It would be very much appreciated if you could send me a private message explaining the steps necessary to overcome this issue.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Sue 

HP Recommended

I just sent you a private message with the steps.

Best of luck,

Kyle

Signature
HP Recommended

the instructions you sent would not work for my printer. the arrow and home buttons don't stay lit to push... I have a 6520. However, our power went out and when it restarted.... the scan to email app worked. I don't know why. so I guess for now I am ok.

thanks.

HP Recommended

Please could you send me the details too?  I'm having the same problems and the same message 'Server connection error:-1" if I try to scan to email or download an app to the printer.  Scan to computer is fine although I had to reinstall the printer.  Everything worked fine when I first got it a couple of months ago.

Many thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.