Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi!

I have recently uninstalled a Photosmart 5510 using the Windows 7 uninstall tool and subsequently set up a new Photosmart 5524 with all its attendant software. Now, everytime I boot up my laptop, I get a window entitled RUN DLL on my desktop which says:

"There was a problem starting C:\Program Files\HP\HP Photosmart 5510 series\bin\HPStatusBL.dll

The specified module could not be found"

The window clears when I select the 'OK' button and my laptop runs as normal. The RUN DLL window is, however, a bit of a nuisance and I would like to prevent it appearing. I have searched my hard disk (including Device Manager) thoroughly for the alleged file but without success.

Any suggestions as to how I might prevent this window from appearing would be welcome.

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

: There was a problem starting C:\\Program Files\\HP\\HP Photosmart 5510 series\\bin\\HPStatusBL.d

HP Recommended
Sorry, this message was received incomplete. Can you repeat it please. BTW, thanks for replying, anyway.
HP Recommended

This problem is now resolved following advice on another forum. The answer lay in deleting a hidden shortcut in the AppData folders. For the benefit of anyone following this thread, the successful response was:

Quote:

Look in:

c:\users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\

(it's a hidden folder - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/w...w-hidden-files)

For Monitor Ink Alerts - HP Photosmart 5510 series.lnk or anything HP printer related. Delete it.

Unquote.

HP Recommended

Hi

Just wantted to say thank you ... I was having this problem and you soulition dod work .. that was nice

Hesham

HP Recommended

Thanks for the tip!

HP Recommended

yes really nice its work for me 

HP Recommended

Wath is the solution?

HP Recommended

Good day,

Seems to be a fairly common situation, regardless of the printer being used.

I encountered this problem when changing my OfficeJet Pro 8600 for an OfficeJet Pro 8720.

Oftenly, the installation / uninstallation process of various programs always leave us with "dead" stuff behind.

When I saw 8600 in the popup message, I knew right away that it wasn't impacting the system, as I was aware of the 8600 was gone.

What would be nice to know though is why the message wasn't showing up on each system startup.  Afterall, if a link is in such a folder, like Startup in this case, we would expect it to execute each time the computer is started, no ?

BTW, I really wish HP could invest some time improving the fax software that comes with the OfficeJet Pro printers.  For instance, there is no possibility to resend a given fax unless you rescan the associated document(s).

Have a good day.

HP Recommended

Worked like a champ! I spent a lot of time and irritation trying to get rid of this error. Should have looked here first.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.