cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Intern
Intern
3 2 0 18
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There was a problem starting C:\\Program Files\\HP\\HP Photosmart 5510 series\\bin\\HPStatusBL.dll

Hi!

I have recently uninstalled a Photosmart 5510 using the Windows 7 uninstall tool and subsequently set up a new Photosmart 5524 with all its attendant software. Now, everytime I boot up my laptop, I get a window entitled RUN DLL on my desktop which says:

"There was a problem starting C:\Program Files\HP\HP Photosmart 5510 series\bin\HPStatusBL.dll

The specified module could not be found"

The window clears when I select the 'OK' button and my laptop runs as normal. The RUN DLL window is, however, a bit of a nuisance and I would like to prevent it appearing. I have searched my hard disk (including Device Manager) thoroughly for the alleged file but without success.

Any suggestions as to how I might prevent this window from appearing would be welcome.

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
Roelof54 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There was a problem starting C:\\Program Files\\HP\\HP Photosmart 5510 series\\bin\\HPStatusBL.dll

: There was a problem starting C:\\Program Files\\HP\\HP Photosmart 5510 series\\bin\\HPStatusBL.d

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
3 2 0 18
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry, this message was received incomplete. Can you repeat it please. BTW, thanks for replying, anyway.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Intern
Intern
3 2 0 18
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This problem is now resolved following advice on another forum. The answer lay in deleting a hidden shortcut in the AppData folders. For the benefit of anyone following this thread, the successful response was:

Quote:

Look in:

c:\users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\

(it's a hidden folder - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/w...w-hidden-files)

For Monitor Ink Alerts - HP Photosmart 5510 series.lnk or anything HP printer related. Delete it.

Unquote.

Hesham-badawi Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Just wantted to say thank you ... I was having this problem and you soulition dod work .. that was nice

Hesham

0 Kudos
okadams Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the tip!

0 Kudos
Barnabas-kg Top Student
Top Student
6 3 0 0
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

yes really nice its work for me 

0 Kudos
Eliamart Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wath is the solution?

0 Kudos
Daniel-B Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Good day,

Seems to be a fairly common situation, regardless of the printer being used.

I encountered this problem when changing my OfficeJet Pro 8600 for an OfficeJet Pro 8720.

Oftenly, the installation / uninstallation process of various programs always leave us with "dead" stuff behind.

When I saw 8600 in the popup message, I knew right away that it wasn't impacting the system, as I was aware of the 8600 was gone.

What would be nice to know though is why the message wasn't showing up on each system startup.  Afterall, if a link is in such a folder, like Startup in this case, we would expect it to execute each time the computer is started, no ?

BTW, I really wish HP could invest some time improving the fax software that comes with the OfficeJet Pro printers.  For instance, there is no possibility to resend a given fax unless you rescan the associated document(s).

Have a good day.

0 Kudos
Epinomdus Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Worked like a champ! I spent a lot of time and irritation trying to get rid of this error. Should have looked here first.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation