Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks mate - its all sorted !

HP Recommended

I had the PCL 5 driver and making the change to disable the notifications did not work for me.  In researching other forums I found one that said to load both the PCL 5 & PCL 6 drivers for the same printer.  This did the trick for me.  Good luck!

HP Recommended

I already had both PCL 5 & PCL 6 drivers installed in my Win7 PC and it didn't work.

It worked once I disabled the notification option within the settings.

HP Recommended

I am getting the message printed as follows:

GET /DevMgmt / DiscoveryTreeee.xml HTTP/1.1

Host: 127.0.0.1:8080

I am using an HP Laserjet 2055DN

How can I get rid of this?  Every time I print it gives me this blank page with the message shown above.  It just started doing this in the last couple of days.  I think my software drivers were automatically updated by HP

I am on Windows 7?

Can you help ??

HP Recommended

I get the same message exactly on my brand new P2055dn.  I have researched the problem.  It occurs no matter which driver I am using.  (I have three on board now, each fully updated.)  I also have disabled reporting on the printer menu.  Still, I get this page printed several minutes after each print job is finished.  I am running Windows XP.  I sure hope someone can help;  this seems really dumb, and I would not like to have to live with this!

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem using a P2015 printer.   How do I correct this problem.

HP Recommended
This didn't work for me.
HP Recommended

Unwanted pages printing with "GET /DevMgmt/Discoverytree.xml HTTP/1.1" on HP LaserJet1522nf

operating system window 2007

HP Recommended

This seems to have solved my problem, which had been happening frequently and consistently.  Oddly, it seemed to subside gradually over the course of several day.  I can't say that it all makes perfect sense, but at this point I feel confident that this bug has been fixed.  Thanks, MrMojo.

Added on 5 June.  Kudos to Mr. Mojo.  My printer continues to perform with NO further problems.  I refer users to Mr. Mojo's note just above.

HP Recommended

This same problem just started on my printer . I have pcl 5 and ps installed.

I hope you can help

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.