Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks, Jeremy.  I noticed that just after I posted and am going through the install now.  I'll post back here afterwards if you want to let everyone know if it works correctly in Windows 8 or not.  If it does, just as a user's suggestion, it should be imbeded in the new app when they can do so.

HP Recommended

Hi ThoHug-

We will add this to our list, but in general our goal with the WIndows 8 App store app was a lightweight, simple application for network installs on mobile devices.   We had envisioned most folks using this with tablets or other devices where they would have the mobile device in hand when doing the scan.    We hope to add more older HP devices in our next release, as well as some basic cropping tools.   

Thanks

Jeremy

I am an HP employee, however, this content reflects my personal opinion and is in no way associated with HP.
HP Recommended

Sinds kort heb ik Windows 8 en ik kon nergens meer het scan icoontje vinden van mijn HP Envy 100a printer. Verschillende keren alle software gedownload maar geen resultaat.

Via Google hier terecht gekomen en de app aan mijn startpagina toegevoegd. Het ziet er prachtig uit en het werkt perfect!

Bedankt,

Elsy :generic:

Finaly I can scan again! I couldn't find the scan option anymore in Windows 8. Thank you very much.

HP Envy100a

HP Recommended
hello I have an HP Photosmart 6510 B211a, I am trying this app version 1.2.69.0 on Windows 8 PRO. the app recognizes and connects to my printer, but as soon as I start to scan a document, the scanner gets stuck saying "scan in progress" and I have to reboot my printer, then the app says "timeout" after some time. other methodologies work (using the "printer assistant" desktop side, using the web interface or scanning directly from the printer and then send to the pc). Francesco
HP Recommended

I think the issue that you are facing is a known issue.  Was supposed to have been fixed in the last update but the fix didn't make it in.  We're working on qualifying that fix as we speak, and it should be out soon.   To be sure it's the same issue, would you mind following the steps to enable application logging (described earlier in this thread) and send the log to me?  If not, no problem, I think our next update should address this.  

We've found that certain network topologies, including some proxy settings, are messing up Windows 8 background downloader APIs that our app relies on.   When this happens, our app is able to discover/communicate with the device initially, but when we request the image data, it never gets returned.  This does cause the printer/scanner to get into a bad state as its awaiting the app to download the image, but that request never happens.   Rebooting the printer would resolve it, but it would normally time out after 2 minutes or so.    The next app update removes our dependency on this API and seems to work better from what we've found.

Jeremy

I am an HP employee, however, this content reflects my personal opinion and is in no way associated with HP.
HP Recommended
I appreciate your detailed info. the log is ready (with HTTP details), PM me and I will send you.
HP Recommended

Hi Matro-

THanks for sending me the log file.  I reviewed it, and yes you are experiencing the issue I previously described.  We are working as fast as we can to qualify and release another version to fix this.   You are the first customer (that we know of) that's discovered and reported this to us.  

Jeremy

HP Recommended

WORKS LIKE A CHARM!  tHANK GOODNESS.  THOUGHT I MIGHT DIE.

HP Recommended

We have a Laserjet M1212NF and it installs and prints fine; however we have no ability to scan. Using windows scan and fax it says i need to install a scanner, using the paint option as well as the web address alternative methods yeilds the same results just not showing the option to scan. According to hp's windows 8 compatibility page it shows the device software is fully functional.

HP Recommended

Hi Jeremy1102,

This thread is specific to the HP Scan and Capture application on Windows 8, but I'll try to assist you.   I went to HP's support page and they do have a software download for Windows 8 for your Laserjet M1212NF.   Try downloading/installing that, it should give you scanning support.

Jeremy

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.