Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3632
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Every time I try to print either from my computer or my iPhone the printer is offline and I have to go to the Dr to set everything up again and again, it is very very annoying.  This never happened with my old Epsom... if I can't fix it I might have to ditch it and get another Epsom, please can anyone help?

Thanks peeps x

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

FIXED

Found the troublshooting info for HP.  Turned the router and printer off and back on... doh that computing 1 o 1 thing.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Please provide the following relevant information so someone can help including:

Full Printer Model Number – done
Operating System of computer - done
Detailed Problem Description including listing all network devices (extenders, switches)-
Connection Method - USB, Hardwired LAN, Wireless, Wireless Direct? -
Make and model number of router(s) and modem? -
Error messages - on printer screen and/or computer, any blinking light patterns? –
Is the printer plugged directly into the wall outlet?  Do not use any UPS, power strip or surge protector.  Yes this WILL cause the printer to drop offline and print strangely.
Do you think the printer is going to sleep and can’t wake up? -
If wireless, when the problem occurs, what is the status of Blue Wireless light on the printer, on, off or blinking? –

Power off printer and router.  Power on router and wait 3 mins, power on printer.  Does it connect to the router now?  Do you have a valid IP address?

HP Recommended

Model Number  - Deskjet 3632

Windows 10

Wireless connection to my network

Linksy Router XAC1200

On coming to my computer today there was no blue light at all

No error messages as I do not have a screen

I have to use a power board, that's rediculous that I cannot use one....

Yes the printer is on but the wifi off off, It doesn't stay on

Yesturday I managed to connect to my iPhone using the HP app and it asked to test print, so I tried a photo and boom gone again!!!

I hold the wireless button and cancel together and it starts flashing, but that's it.

I have to go through the HP Dr everytime to print!!!

Sorry it's driving me mad.

Thanks if you can help

HP Recommended

If wireless, when the problem occurs, what is the status of Blue Wireless light on the printer, on, off or blinking? –

HP Recommended

FIXED

Found the troublshooting info for HP.  Turned the router and printer off and back on... doh that computing 1 o 1 thing.

HP Recommended

Yep what I said...

Power off printer and router.  Power on router and wait 3 mins, power on printer.  Does it connect to the router now?  Do you have a valid IP address?

Works most of the time.

HP Recommended

This is a fix for the problem but what is the solution to keep it from happening?

HP Recommended

I have spent most of today turning my computer on and off, resetting printer and router etc. Printer stayed online to print test sheet but is offline again now. Life is too short to waste hours this way and inconveience others using the network. It will have to be a new NON HP printer.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.