Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My newly install Photosmart 5510 is having the same problem. I'm brand new to this forum and I see lots of concerns posted but no replies from HP or anyone with a solution.  Do HP techs ever montor these things?

HP Recommended

here is the work around

(the experience changes are that a scan is easiest to run from your PC and  ink alerts happen when you print

(not anytime - like when a family member runs you out of ink)

from mtbaughs    http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Wireless-Internet-Hom​e/hp-network-communicator/m-p/1160329#M23620

Try disabling the scan activation by following the steps below:

1. Open the HP software by clicking on the desktop icon or by opening it from the programs folder <All Programs>HP>Product>

2. Navigate to the Heading Scanner Actions in the software and click on the link titled Manage Scan to Computer

3. Disable the activation and uncheck the box to automatically restart the activation when you log back in.

Keep the scan deactivated unless you need to scan, at which time simply enable the activation by reversing the steps above.

Set ink alerts to show only when you print if it is not already. To do this, open the HP software and click on estimated ink levels.

The printer toolbox appears - Select the advanced settings tab

On the advanced settings tab, make sure the default is set to 'Only show me ink alerts when I print'. Let me know if that has any impact

If I have helped you solve your issue please mark it as solved .....

(I am an HP employee)
HP Recommended

I have the same issue.  I guess I'll have to leave the printer on for now.

HP Recommended

Thank you--It solved my problem!!:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry for my own slow response. Regarding your first 3-steps; I had already tried that just as a guess before posting to the forum. I did not try your second recommendation about changing the ink alert settings and here’s why. I was looking for a solution on 2 fronts simultaneously; i.e. the Community and also sending an email to HP via their website. Maybe that’s uncool… if so, I apologize. The email reply came back first with these steps:
* Disabling HP related files from the Startup
1. Click Start and select Run.
2. Type MSCONFIG and press Enter.
3. System Configuration Utility window is displayed.
4. Click the Startup tab.
5. Uncheck any programs that are related to HP Digital Imaging Monitor and all other HP all-in-one software related files or creative projects.
6. Click OK.
7. Restart the system.

There was another process recommended that said to “stop HP network device discovery service from services.msc”. I wasn’t able to get that second one to work because I couldn’t find the ‘service’.  However, the first 7 steps were performed and they solved my problem. Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks this stopped the HPNetworkCommunicator.exe process from continually restarting and changing my cursor to an hourglass every 5 seconds. 

At the same time though, one or two features of the HP 5510A that I bought last week are no longer functional. Wireless is useful when printer and computer are not at the same location, but now scanning anything to the PC will require going to the PC, enabling the scan settings, going to the scanner, doing the scan to PC and then going back to the PC and disabling the scan to PC again. Not too handy really.

Checking ink levels is probably fine when printing, and should probably be the default setting. Is there any reason to continuously check ink levels?

Thanks, Will

HP Recommended

This solution does NOT work for me.   When I go to try and disable "Manage Scan to Computer"  I actually cannot communicate.  This is yet ANOTHER long and tedious issue I have had to try and deal with HP with.  THey have spent over 6 hours with me trying to get that one working but to no avail.  So, I can't even scan from my computer to my HP 6700 printer.    All seemed to be fine, ie, I wasn't having the HPNetworkCommunicator.exe problem but now I am.  I can't get it to stop wasting all my CPU cycles...

HP Recommended

Here is some helpful information for any HP developer and/or support person that might be reading these forums.  In my case, the HPNetworkCommunictator.exe begins to go wild the first time I try and print when the print cartridges are low.  I get "low toner" alert on my printer and then tell it to proceed.  Once that happens the HPNetworkCommunicator.exe runs like crazy.   If I power off and on my printer then finally the process goes away.

I have a HP 6700 that is connecting with a hard ethernet wire to my router.

HP Recommended

Thank you solved problem. Works perfectly

HP Recommended

HPNetworkCommunicator.exe not working?  Using USB connected 5110 e-all-in-one now.  Was using 8600 e-all-in-one,

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.