Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi epips ,

Maybe this can help : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319844

Wish you good luck .

HP Recommended

HP does not want to bother with the drivers for this scanner.  After the one year warranty the service is terrible on all products.  Lexmark is life time phone support.  I have to hook up my old computer to use this scanner to copy my photo negatives and slides.  And now I cannot even get info on which is the proper power cord to use.  Can someone tell me what the volts and amps written on the power converter is for this unit.

HP Recommended

I have Windows 7 Home premium 64-bit and can not install my Scanjet 4470c either.  Why not, HP?

HP Recommended

12v     1250mA

HP Recommended

Iam now using window 7 32bit i cannot usemy scanner hp scanjet 4470c they say i need some driver for used this machine  

kindly help me what should i do i  cannot buy a new one thank you . I am waiting your reply please asap.

Thank You.

HP Recommended

Merci de me fournir la solution pour installer mon scanner sur mon ordinateur avec windows 7

HP Recommended

It seems to be working now!

Run HP Precisionscan Pro.exe as the administrator, get win 7 updated.

I'm running windows 7 for over a year. Scanner didn’t work at first with sj659en.exe drivers (XP version installed without HP copy, Share To Web). Drivers installed correctly under Windows 7 but scanner responded only for first few scans. Than it refused to scan at all, or crashed while starting the application (or some other errors occurred).

After numerous Windows 7 updates I gave it the last chance. Reinstalled the same drivers once again, and run them as the administrator. It worked well for the first time and after reconnection / OS restart.

Although the buttons on the scanner do not respond, even the power button, application launches and scanner works.

HP Recommended

sad to loose support for a good product, but i suppose they cant support us for ever

HP Recommended

hi,  i need   Windows 7 driver for Scanjet 4470c pleses help me  thanks.

HP Recommended

Je réponds en français à Micvaute ,

Il y a deux solutions qui te donneront pleine satisfaction . Malheureusement , chacune des deux est soumise à

une condition respective :

solution n° 1 :

Tu possèdes une version de W7 supérieure à W7 Familial ( condition indispensable ) :

Télécharge et installe la version virtuelle de W XP depuis http://xp-mode-pour-rc.softonic.fr/

C' est gratuit et super simple à configurer .

solution n° 2 :

Tu es sous Windos 7 Familial .

Tu dois être en possession du cd d' installation de W XP ( condition indispensable ) :

Télécharge et installe la version gratuite de WmWarePlayer depuis http://www.commentcamarche.net/download/s/systeme-6/Vmware%20Player .

Très facile aussi à configurer .

autrement , si tu ne remplis pas une de ces deux conditions , il te faudra te résoudre à acheter un nouveau scanner compatible à W7 (à partir de 100 euros environ ) .

Good luck , comme disait l' autre !

Fanaudi .

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.