Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3070A
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

I wonder if anyone can help me with a lost wireless connection. In days gone by, my HP Deskjet 3070A printer worked fine wirelessly. I've since moved premises and now the printer isn't accessible from my MacBook (or any other device) unless it's connected by USB cable.

I've tried entering HP Utility to set up the wireless again, as described in the instructions at http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04510394/ under the heading 'Change a USB connection to wireless in the printer software'.

The instructions say to select this:

HP Deskjet wireless setup.pngBut that 'Wireless Setup' icon does not appear in my HP Utility. All the other menu icons are present and functioning.

I've also tried selecting Wireless Settings > Restore Defaults on the printer's own panel menu, but this hasn't solved the problem.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @Pignol,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I see that you cannot connect your HP Deskjet 3070a printer wirelessly to your Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite computer. And, I am happy to help! 

Please try the following steps: 

Step 1: Install the driver with a USB connection

To install the driver with a USB connection, download the driver from the App Store, connect the printer to the computer with a USB cable, and then add the printer to the Mac.
  1. Click the Apple menu , click App Store, and then click Updates.
  2. Select any available software updates for your printer, and then click Update.
     NOTE:
    For best printer performance and functionality, install all available application updates.
  3. Turn on the printer, and then make sure it has paper in the tray and is in a ready state.
  4. Connect the USB cable from the printer to the computer.
  5. Click the Apple menu , and then click System Preferences.
  6. Click Printers & Scanners, and then check if the name of your printer displays in the Printers list.
    Figure : Example of a printer in the Printers list
    Image: Example of a printer in the Printers list
  7. If the name of your printer displays in the Printers list, click the name of your printer, and then click the minus sign .
  8. When prompted, click Delete to confirm your selection and delete the printer.
  9. Click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, and then click the name of your printer.
    Under Kind, make sure you select the printer that has USB listed.
    Figure : Click your printer and make sure USB is listed
    Image: Click your printer and make sure USB is listed
  10. Click the Use menu, and then select the name of your printer in the drop-down menu.
    Figure : Select the name of your printer in the Use menu
    Image: Select the name of your printer in the Use menu
  11. Click Add to add the printer to the list.
  12. If you are prompted to install any additional software for your printer, click Install, and then follow the instructions to complete the installation.
     NOTE:
    Quit and restart any applications that were open before adding the printer to use the updated HP software features.
Step 2: Set up the wireless connection

To set up the wireless connection, configure the connection in the print driver.
  1. In the Printers & Scanners window you opened in the previous step, click the name of your printer, and then click Options and Supplies.
  2. Click the Utility tab, and then click Open Printer Utility.
  3. Click All Settings.
  4. Click Configure Wireless or Wireless Settings, and then follow the instructions on the screen to apply the wireless settings for your network to the printer.
Step 3: Add the wireless-connected printer to the Printers list on the Mac

To complete the wireless network connection, remove the USB-connected printer from the Mac, and then add the wireless-connected printer.
  1. In the Printers & Scanners window you opened in the previous step, check for the name of your printer in the Printers list.
    Figure : Example of a printer in the Printers list
    Image: Example of a printer in the Printers list
  2. Click the name of your printer, and then click the minus sign .
  3. When prompted, click Delete to confirm your selection and delete the printer.
  4. Disconnect the USB cable from the printer to the computer.
  5. To add the wireless-connected printer, click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, and then click the name of your printer.
    Under Kind, make sure to select the printer that has Bonjour listed.
    Figure : Click your printer and make sure Bonjour is listed
    Image: Click your printer and make sure Bonjour is listed.
  6. Click the Use menu, and then select the name of your printer in the drop-down menu.
    Figure : Select the name of your printer in the Use menu
    Image: Select the name of your printer in the Use menu
  7. Click Add to add the printer to the list.

Source: Wireless Printer Setup (OS X)

Hope this helps! :generic:

“Please click the Thumbs up icon below to thank me for responding.”

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Thanks for contacting us through forum,

from what i understand you are not able to print wireless.

Can you let us know if the wireless blue light is blinking or is turned off.

If not blinking go to setup and turn on wireless.

can you let us know the HP Utility version.

Go to printers and scanners, right click and reset printing system.

Note: this will delete all the printer from the printers and scanners

Since we don’t have full feature driver we need to use the ASU.

you can use USB cable to connect the printer and computer or when you click now wireless on your Mac you will see the HP Setup- Printer name.. 

You can setup adhoc connection. and later connect it to your router.

download the HP Printer driver V3.1 and install

when adding the printer to queue.. select add printer, from the list select the printer name

at the bottom you will have USE button make sure you select HP Printer driver not AirPrint.

click add. Now check if printing is working

launch HP utility and see if you can see the wireless option

Now you can run the Wireless setup wizard or enter the SSID and get connected to the router.

Later you might need to add the printer again as Bonjour.

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank you for the replies, much appreciated. In the end I was able to solve the issue by connecting the printer by USB, restarting the Mac, opening App Store, and installing the HP update that appeared. The HP update had not been visible in the App Store before connecting the printer by USB.

HP Recommended

Awesome, Good to hear that you got it resolved....

Thanks

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello. I am having the same problem--my HP Photosmart Plus is connected to my Apple computer, I have run the utility, and the "Wireless Settings" option you describe below is not available. I have tried:

• Deleting the printer and reinstalling
  • Connecting over USB and looking for app updates
  • All of the steps outline in this post

The "Wireless Settings" options still doesn't appear. Here's what my utility settings look like:

Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 10.43.00 AM.png

HP Recommended

Hi @aks800,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP community. Smiley Happy A very good day to you. Smiley Happy I reviewed the post regarding not able to not bale to connect using your wireless printer on a Mac computer.I will be glad to assist you with this. Smiley Happy

Superb description and excellent diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you on that score. Smiley Happy You are a valued HP customer and I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. Smiley Happy

For better clarity and to assist you better, I would require more information regarding this.

• Did you reset the Mac printing system?
  • Please let me know the complete model# of the printer.

For a start, please reset the Mac printing system from this link: https://support.hp.com/ro-en/product/hp-color-laserjet-pro-mfp-m177-series/5303438/document/c0137198... 

Then please try all the prescribed steps from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-LaserJet-200-color-Multifunction-Printer/5097648/model/50976...  and check again. This should do the trick for you.

Please keep me posted. I will keep a watch for your reply. Please perform all these steps diligently and patiently. This might do the trick for you.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Smiley Happy  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.  Smiley Happy

To simply say thanksplease click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.